PDA

View Full Version : dcc vs. valley forge

hondo
02-11-2005, 07:38 AM
This was my 1st time at DCC and if I feel good enough
I thought I might try VF for the 1st time.
Which do you guys like best & why?
What are some differences?
I enjoyed seeing the top players. Watching non-tourney
matchups. Staying where everything was going on.
Drinking. Playing on same tables as pros. Getting
to talk to pros.
Didn't enjoy limited seating.
Thanks.

Jimmy B
02-11-2005, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> This was my 1st time at DCC and if I feel good enough
I thought I might try VF for the 1st time.
Which do you guys like best &amp; why?
What are some differences?
I enjoyed seeing the top players. Watching non-tourney
matchups. Staying where everything was going on.
Drinking. Playing on same tables as pros. Getting
to talk to pros.
Didn't enjoy limited seating.
Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

I did DCC for the first time also this year. I've done the Hopkins show every year since it started back in NJ and IMO it's the best pool event there is. IMO it has it all there is late night action as well as pro events to watch in the day. You can play in a number of different events, and when you are bored you can meet some of the best cue makers in the country. If you like cues you'll not find more cues anywhere, if you're looking to buy a cue this is the spot. The food in the expo isn't the best, but there are a few choices in the hotels and there is one of the best malls on the east coast about a mile down the road. You don't get the quality of pro match ups that you had at DCC or the high dollar action, but the action table at VF is as good as it gets and you can side bet all you want, fast and furious. IMO 1 day is never enough at the VF show and everyone should do it.

JB

dg-in-centralpa
02-12-2005, 11:25 AM
I haven't done the DCC, but I've been to VF 6-7 years straight. In terms of meeting and greeting pros, they are as accessible as anywhere. VF will also have the trick shot artists tourney plus they do exhibitions, sign autographs, and are a real pleasure to talk with. In terms of cues, tables, etc., you won't find this many vendors anywhere except on the internet. This is an experience that one must do in their lifetime.

DG - going again this year

John_Madden
02-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I am going to VF for the first time - real excited. I understand there are several other members of the American Cuemakers Association that will also be showing their cues for the first time at the Hopkins Expo. If my experience with Dawn Hopkins (patiently helped me with concerns etc) is any indication of the way everyone is treated than players, exhibitors, and spectators will all have great time. Everything I have heard has been more than positive about the event.
John Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

hondo
02-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Thanks, everybody. These are the kind of responses
I was hoping for.