PDA

View Full Version : joint question

smurphyswimmer
02-11-2005, 11:19 AM
I just bought a cue a couple of months ago, and the joint is becoming very hard to screw together. I was wondering what would be recommended for lubericating the joint.
Thanks for the help.

Rich R.
02-11-2005, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote smurphyswimmer:</font><hr> I just bought a cue a couple of months ago, and the joint is becoming very hard to screw together. I was wondering what would be recommended for lubericating the joint.
Thanks for the help. <hr /></blockquote>
Use a tiny bit of furniture paste wax.

pooltchr
02-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Candle wax works pretty well.

Rackin_Zack
02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I've heard bar soap works too. I used it to quiet squeaky joints before and that worked pretty well.

cheese_ball
02-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Depends on the joint... I personally can think of a few better things to do with a joint than screw it...

Flat faced wood to wood: use wax or get a professional to re-tap the thread

Piloted brass insert joint: graphite or pure silicon will work the best here

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

smurphyswimmer
02-11-2005, 03:22 PM
thanks for all the help

Fred Agnir
02-11-2005, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote smurphyswimmer:</font><hr> I just bought a cue a couple of months ago, and the joint is becoming very hard to screw together. I was wondering what would be recommended for lubericating the joint.
Thanks for the help. <hr /></blockquote>Check with a cuemaker. Something might be wrong.

Fred

buddha162
02-12-2005, 06:38 AM
what kind of cue, what kind of joint?

-Roger

mksmith713
02-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Going out on a limb and going to guess it's a wood to wood joint with no insert in the shaft.
Probably swelling of the shaft causing the threads to be tighter.
Do you live in an area where the seasonal changes are extreme?
Is the area humid?
That's my guess.
Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong.....

buddha162
02-13-2005, 05:24 AM
well, the solution/advice will depend on the type of joint his cue has. He needs to provide more information if he wants meaningful responses.

-Roger