PDA

View Full Version : Small/Mini Pool Tables?

bmcleod
02-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi there! I am interested in finding a small but playable pool table somewhere that I can put in my rec room. I figured that a 4-5' "mini" table would be fairly easy to find, but all I'm seeing are toy or table-top tables, and I was really hoping to find something a little classier.

Does anyone know of someone who custom builds miniature tables, or a manufacturer/supplier of this size table? Of course, a hardwood snooker table with turned legs would be PERFECT, but they're all in England and shipping one would be crazy.

Thanks in advance!

Brenda

SPetty
02-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi Brenda,

I've never heard of such a thing. The closest thing I've seen to a small "real" table is the smallest Valley - it's a little less than six feet long IRC.

If you're willing to pay for it, there are many small "local" pool table manufacturers (not name brand) that might work with you to get what you want.

Good luck.

bmcleod
02-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks for responding. This is the sort of thing I'm looking for, but without the price tag! I suppose I'll have to ask around and see if any local woodworkers might be willing to take a crack at it.

http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/swspirit/dynapage/IP299.htm

Brenda

bmcleod
03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi...me again! Well, I found someone who is going to take a crack at building me a 5' table. It certainly won't be pro, but hopefully it will be playable (and most importantly--cute!). Anyway, if I order standard size leather pockets w/shields, will these work on this little table?

Also--anyone know of a good source for pool table legs, and a triangle/rack for 1 7/8" balls?

Thanks again!

Brenda

03-29-2005, 05:24 PM
?

bmcleod
03-29-2005, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote anonymos:</font><hr> ? <hr /></blockquote>

"?" I'm not sure what you're questioning.

Brenda

EdR
06-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Imperial sells a 6 foot 1 piece slate table. Find a dealer near you and ask. It has full size cushions for better play.

bmcleod
06-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks Ed...we ended up just having someone build one for us. I bought all the components online (legs, pockets, bumpers, etc), and it's in the works as we speak. Hopefully it will be a perfectly playable 5' table. Thanks though!

Brenda

bmcleod
06-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, in truth, I had one built. After an exhausting search with nothing but dead ends, I just bought the components (legs, pockets, felt, bumpers) online for about $600.00 total, then had my contractor put it all together for me. It doesn't have a slate top, but he used some type of crazy smooth, heavy board, and it is exactly what I was looking for. Total size of playing surface? 63" x 33" wide. Not too bad looking, eh?

http://home.clearviewcatv.net/bmcleod/pooltableinroom.jpg

SPetty
06-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Brenda, Thanks so much for following up on this. I've been wondering how it was going. That is a darling table. Thanks for the pic!

bmcleod
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the nice message and kind words!

Brenda

07-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Saw a brochure in a pool shop, and they showed me an executive table 38"by68" but costly.

07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh by the way they're about 2 thousand for the Executive but they look cool