PDA

View Full Version : Locating a Gold Crown II

rhoffman
02-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I am currently adding a large addition to my house, including a room large enough for a 9 foot pool table. Ideally I'd like to find a used Gold Crown II. I live in Petaluma, CA., which is about 40 miles north of San Francisco. I will be checking all the local classifieds to see if anyone has one for sale, but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of any available near my location. In addition, if anyone has any ideas how to locate one, perhaps a pool room closing and selling its tables, I'd appreciate any leads. I'd probably go with a Gold Crown I, as well. From what I've read on this forum, it is probably not a good idea to get a Gold Crown III.

I'm sure that a GC II will be pretty hard to find, so if anyone has any other suggestions as to a good used table to buy, I'd appreciate any thoughts about that, as well. If I need to, I'll buy a new one, probably a GC IV, but I'd like to try the used route first.

Thanks, Bob

Billy
02-13-2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rhoffman:</font><hr> I am currently adding a large addition to my house, including a room large enough for a 9 foot pool table. Ideally I'd like to find a used Gold Crown II. I live in Petaluma, CA., which is about 40 miles north of San Francisco. I will be checking all the local classifieds to see if anyone has one for sale, but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of any available near my location. In addition, if anyone has any ideas how to locate one, perhaps a pool room closing and selling its tables, I'd appreciate any leads. I'd probably go with a Gold Crown I, as well. From what I've read on this forum, it is probably not a good idea to get a Gold Crown III.

I'm sure that a GC II will be pretty hard to find, so if anyone has any other suggestions as to a good used table to buy, I'd appreciate any thoughts about that, as well. If I need to, I'll buy a new one, probably a GC IV, but I'd like to try the used route first.

Thanks, Bob <hr /></blockquote>

you're more likely to come across a GC III in better condition because it a newer table and I wouldn't hesitate a second to purchase it

jmo

DialUp
02-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I would get a 3 without hesitation. I play on them all the time. If taken care of, it will play as good as any other table...

Sarah Rousey has a 2 for sale over at inside pool (http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=8424&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapse d&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1). It is a few months old but may still be for sale. I think she also hangs out at AZBilliards.

Troy
02-13-2005, 05:40 PM
If you decide to change your mind and consider a GC-3, there's one probably for sale in San Jose. It's partially dis-assembled.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rhoffman:</font><hr> I am currently adding a large addition to my house, including a room large enough for a 9 foot pool table. Ideally I'd like to find a used Gold Crown II. I live in Petaluma, CA., which is about 40 miles north of San Francisco. I will be checking all the local classifieds to see if anyone has one for sale, but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of any available near my location. In addition, if anyone has any ideas how to locate one, perhaps a pool room closing and selling its tables, I'd appreciate any leads. I'd probably go with a Gold Crown I, as well. From what I've read on this forum, it is probably not a good idea to get a Gold Crown III.

Thanks, Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Be patient. A GC II becomes available often.
I found one for as low as $975 and as high as $2500.
GC III's are always available b/c the owners of pool rooms want to get rid of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif