PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a gold crown

Wally_in_Cincy
02-14-2005, 06:58 AM
on my back top-right molar and my question is

if you.ve ever gotten a crown how much did you pay for it?

my dentist is the best I've ever been to but he's expensive.

my internet connection has been intermittent at best the last week or so. you guys probably thought I was dead.

Barbara
02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Wally,

I've got a couple crowns. Do you know that gold crowns are less expensive than porcelain crowns? I had a cracked back molar and the gold crown was $900. A porcelain one would've been $1200.

Barbara~~~likes the one in the basement the best!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-14-2005, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ...the gold crown was $900. A porcelain one would've been $1200....
<hr /></blockquote>

ok I feel better now /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanx

Rich R.
02-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Wally, I have several gold crowns, however, it has been a number of years since my last one was done. I'm sure my price would have no bearing on what you would pay today.

At that time, the gold market was really crazy. My dentist charged his normal fee and he told me that the price of the crown itself would be the combination of the lab fee and the price of the gold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I don't follow the gold market, so I don't know if they are still pricing that way, or not.

Rod
02-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I have a crown kept with other gold and silver peices. LOL I think that crown cost me $350, course it was 20 years ago. I will say one thing, gold does wear out if you chew on it long enough. Mine had a hole worn right through. Oh Wally, funny I didn't miss you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Must be you spend to much time on this NPR forum. LOL

Rod

SnakebyteXX
02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
"if you.ve ever gotten a crown how much did you pay for it?"

I'm having one done on Wednesday - wore a hole in my old one.

A lower left molar --&gt; $640 total for a Gold Crown.

Snake

Wally_in_Cincy
02-15-2005, 05:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> ...Oh Wally, funny I didn't miss you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...<hr /></blockquote>

3 hours in the dentist chair, 10 days without internet access, and now this....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Perk
02-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Depends on whether or not its a Gold Crown III or IV?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
02-15-2005, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> 10 days without internet access
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Was it really 10 days???

Barbara~~~missed Wally... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif