PDA

View Full Version : Question about an old cue -

wirelessgirl
02-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello,

I am looking for information on a style of cue from decades ago (possibly 20-40 years old?) - my father-in-law had an interesting cue, but it was stolen from his car several years ago. He has since passed away, but I would like to try to find a similar replacement for my husband, and have not had much luck in my search.
(Please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology - I'm truly a newbie)
When the cue was unscrewed, the top shaft part fit inside the bottom butt part for storage, then the bottom bumper screwed back on to secure the shaft inside - instead of carrying the two parts separately, it appeared as though there was only one part. I'm not concerned with quality, value, etc...it was a nice, well-made cue, but I'm sure it was not particularly expensive. The cue just has significant sentimental value to my husband. I don't remember many details about it, just that the bottom part had a simple design with different types of inlaid wood.
Does anyone know who might have manufactured a cue like this, or where I might be able to find an old one?
I *really* appreciate any help that might be offered - thank you!!
Melissa (wirelessgirl)

dg-in-centralpa
02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
If your description jogs my memory,what's left of it, it sounds like what you are looking for is a cue that looks like a walking stick. Several people here sell them at a reasonable price although I can't remember who.

DG

SPetty
02-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Kinda like this?
http://www.walkingequipment.com/newfeb01/poolmain.jpg

wirelessgirl
02-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Yes, that's the concept of it, except it didn't have the fancy brass fitting at the end - the functionality of it was the same, but it looked more like a standard cue. Thank you so much for your help - I really appreciate it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif