PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

Run100
02-14-2005, 10:19 PM

Rod
02-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Since your high run is well below some of us, perhaps you'll tell us what makes you an athority!

Pool knowledge is shared amongst everyone, bar table and 9 footers and I post on both forums.

Rod

Chris Cass
02-14-2005, 11:03 PM
What's up Run? Why the tude? I'm a bar table and 9 ft player. I've played on everything including a 3x5 table. I'm no banger to say the least. What is it that's bugging you?

I've got some tournament finishes that are up there with the best. I've played many pros and some that are soon pro today. I've won and lost to them. It's my home boys mostly and don't bang anything.

Please tell us something that I can honestly reply to with a comfort level that we can get to the bottom of this. I'm in a area where there is only bar table action. That's only because of the area or I'd play 9ft all day long. I work in a pool hall and play pro level friends although they're under the radar a few are on the edge of being deemed pro. That's not good for them as it's killing their action and hitting hard in the pocket book. Can't get a paycheck if you play at pro level unless your consistantly in the top 5. Most will stay in the under $1500. payouts.

Anyway, say something,

C.C.

sack316
02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
that's not fair to write off an entire board like that. I'm sure we have all skill levels from all walks of pool life on this board. Everyone has their share of good contributions, and of course there is a fair share of bad ones. What works well for some doesn't work well for others, and vice versa. But for the most part on this board, it is kept civil and most everyone genuinely tries to help each other-- from the newbies just learning to those who have reached levels some of us only dream of. I know it's not perfect, but it's the best one I've found as far as quality of the content and maturity levels (excluding this post of course). It's really pretty simple though, if ya don't like it, then don't come back.

Run100
02-15-2005, 05:09 AM

Deeman2
02-15-2005, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> I've come to the conclusion that this board is full of bar-table ball-bangers. I don't know how many players are involved in your clique, but I'm certain that all of you should take up bowling. If I need advice on what not to do, I'll check here. Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards. This might help you as you're lining up that 8-ball on a 7-foot table. BLAH. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Civil discourse will always have a mix of good and bad information. Thye very nice thing about CCB is the different views we get from all levels. Some here are bangers, some are champions. If you are a student of the game, there is much to be learned from both. I like to hear what a guy who can't run three thinks as well as what the greats think. None of us know it all as that's why we are still playing and learning.

Rather than belittle someone's opinion or reject it out of hand, read it and think. One of the most valuable lessons I ever learned about ball interaction on caroms was from a guy who could not play very well. However, in shot after shot he was able to control carom angles off other balls and pocketed shot after shot I would not attempt. I thought he was lucky. After a few nights of watching, I began to pick up on his method. He was simply a prodigy at caroms. HE WAS A BAR PLAYER. Maybe a 5 in APA but he knew instinctivly where balls would go off each other! By watching him for many hours, it helped my game.

Don't put down the many opionions you here on this forum. You are welcome to challenge any of them but let's hear what everyone has to say. Besides, where esle can you chat with CC, Rod, Fred, ceebee, Dick, BC girl, Bob Jewett, Scott and a host of other knowledgable players.

If it get's boring, post something interesting and look out for the flack...don't whine, that's my job...</font color>

Deeman
don't be an F/L....

Troy
02-15-2005, 07:57 AM
I don't get your attitude...
I manage a pool room with 23 full size 9' tables plus a 12' Snooker table. I also do cue repair. What I do NOT do is brag about my pool playing skills. But I will share what knowledge I do have.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> I've come to the conclusion that this board is full of bar-table ball-bangers. I don't know how many players are involved in your clique, but I'm certain that all of you should take up bowling. If I need advice on what not to do, I'll check here. Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards. This might help you as you're lining up that 8-ball on a 7-foot table. BLAH. <hr /></blockquote>

DebraLiStarr
02-15-2005, 08:35 AM
I've come to the conclusion that this board is full of bar-table ball-bangers.
<font color="blue"> You are wrong. This board is filled with different players of all abilities that openly share their opinions and their knowledge. You might not agree with all fo their comments, but that's life, bubba.</font color>

I don't know how many players are involved in your clique, but I'm certain that all of you should take up bowling.

<font color="blue">I think a good CCB bowling trip would be a lot of fun. I get to be on nAz's team!!! I called it first!!!</font color>

If I need advice on what not to do, I'll check here.

<font color="blue">That's a pretty sour attitude. Lighten up, I'll even share some of my Valentine's Day candy with you. </font color>

Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards. This might help you as you're lining up that 8-ball on a 7-foot table. BLAH.

<font color="blue"> You always can tell when commmunication goes to hell the second sphincter release comes up. Run100, it is better to take what can use and ignore what you can't use. If you want everyone to agree with you, there is always Fast Larry's message board, nobody argues with anybody over there. (Is that really the wizard behind that curtain???) Saying we're all stupid proves that your no better than we are. and whats up withthat "Amateur Gynecologist" crap????ROTFLMAO at U</font color>

MrLucky
02-15-2005, 09:34 AM
<font color="red">All I have to say to your comment is if you really feel that way why even waste your time coming here to post such a assinine blanket assumption such as you did? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color> <font color="brown">Personally I would not waste my time if I thought that everyone on a bulletin Board was so far below my level of competence! My other question to you is this ...which National tournaments have you been in and dominated the Pros ?</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Billy_Bob
02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> ...The very nice thing about CCB is the different views we get from all levels. Some here are bangers, some are champions. If you are a student of the game, there is much to be learned from both... <hr /></blockquote>

Tap Tap Tap!

I have a sign in my pool room which says... "Avoid instructors who discourage you from obtaining knowledge about pool from another source. Learn all you can."

I must say this forum has helped my game more than any other forum. The people here are friendly, knowledgeable, and give excellent accurate advice.

The proof is in the puddin'... I listen to what others here say, try it, and my game improves. So must be good advice!

And that is why I am here - to learn. Personally I would like to hear what everyone here thinks about a particular question/subject. For example I may ask about a particular shot and what would you do. I'll get all sorts of replys. I don't care who the reply is from, if they have a "name", or what their skill level is. All I care about is hearing a variety of solutions to the problem, trying them all, and using what works best in the future. I think they call this "brainstorming"....
http://www.mindtools.com/brainstm.html

MrLucky
02-15-2005, 09:43 AM
To everyone else I am sorry if I come off harsh but my tolerance level for jerks is extremely low! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan
02-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Stop whining - I notice from your profile that your own hobby is bowling, not billiards, and your "occupation" is "amateur gynecologist". I suppose you're here because you can only get three fingers into a billiard glove too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Are you stating that you have, some Valentines candy left?

Regards,

C.C.~~LOL I have a sweet tooth and appear to be hungry today. lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> To everyone else I am sorry if I come off harsh but my tolerance level for jerks is extremely low! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I thought your comments were right on target...as well as Debra's and just about everyone else that has responded to this "Champion".

hondo
02-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I used to feel neglected and rejected on this
board but I didn't go away and now I'm starting
to feel the love.

landshark77
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
I suppose you're here because you can only get three fingers into a billiard glove too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

OMFG...I have been laughing for like 20 mins strait...thanks!!!!!!

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> Gee, maybe you're right. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of "Racking Secrets"? I heard Ebay has a copy. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Run 100,

I've been thinking of you all morning. Unless, you want to aquire a copy of the book for the collector aspect of it or just like to have a copy for the vault then, I would try to buy it somewhere cheaper. The book originally went for like $20. I think and there's 2 additions and one of them has some type of errors in it. That would be up to you to find out which one it is that doesn't have the errors and someone here can help you find that out, I'm sure. We all seem to help eachother in every aspect of the game as well. Heck, even cue repairs. lol

What I was thinking was about your handle or name? I never know which one to call it properly. Anyway, I looked under your bio and you were honest enough to state that your current run was 77. Mine is 168 but that was many yrs ago and the run was under certain conditions.

I was playing in a small room with nothing but a small radio in the distance. Very quiet and just a few players watching on the rail. It was a Sun and a very relaxed slow day and it also was around lunch time. I alr4eady had eaten breakfast and couldn't think about lunch.\

I was playing .25 a ball and I just seemed to get in gear. I was in a rhythym that was so smooth and it just flowed. I remember it so well because you'll have very few of them type days. Don't think I didn't get lucky, because I did.

I remember a railbird told his friend, I had ran 5 racks. Like 75 balls and I knew what that would do to my consentration after hearing that so, I took a washroom break right then and there. After coming back I washed my hands in the little sink next to the table and did the rest. LOL Never did repeat it.

I still play it now and then. In the halls today, it's hard to get the noise level down and everyone seems not to respect the players playing. It's like they just don't care. That's why 9ball is so popular too I'm thinking. You don't need the quietness of the atmosphere.

Anyhow, I know many players here that can help you with that too. My point about the book is that with your respectable run of 77 and playing the game of 14.1 you'll just need to know some of the small things out of the book. As I have the same backround you'll discover. You'll understand where Joe is coming from. It's great for a refresher of what's going on in the racks your breaking or racking and the type game your playing.

If you want I could send you a pm of the things you'll need to recomfirm in your game in competition. That should be enough for you but if you'ld like to purchase the book? Then I suggest again you, find another sorce other than ebay.

Sometimes, the ph's that sell books and things might have a copy and sell it for the original price. I played a small tourney in KS and I think the place was called Shooters. It was in Oleath, KS. They had 2 copies of the game, Target Pool. They sold me one in the plastic still at the price of the orginal $30. That's been out of print also and I do remember seeing one on ebay for like $50. too. It's all about where and when you might run across it, is all.

Regards,

C.C.~~sorry so long....

JimS
02-15-2005, 10:27 AM

I think you are right on target and absolutely right Bud. In fact you should prove your point by taking them all on, one by one, for a few hundred on a 9 ft table. That would teach them !! ......and you'd probably get rich in the process!!

MosconiJr
02-15-2005, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Are you stating that you have, some Valentines candy left?<hr /></blockquote>
She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Stretch
02-15-2005, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> ...The very nice thing about CCB is the different views we get from all levels. Some here are bangers, some are champions. If you are a student of the game, there is much to be learned from both... <hr /></blockquote>

Tap Tap Tap!

I have a sign in my pool room which says... "Avoid instructors who discourage you from obtaining knowledge about pool from another source. Learn all you can."

I must say this forum has helped my game more than any other forum. The people here are friendly, knowledgeable, and give excellent accurate advice.

The proof is in the puddin'... I listen to what others here say, try it, and my game improves. So must be good advice!

And that is why I am here - to learn. Personally I would like to hear what everyone here thinks about a particular question/subject. For example I may ask about a particular shot and what would you do. I'll get all sorts of replys. I don't care who the reply is from, if they have a "name", or what their skill level is. All I care about is hearing a variety of solutions to the problem, trying them all, and using what works best in the future. I think they call this "brainstorming"....
http://www.mindtools.com/brainstm.html

<hr /></blockquote>

EXACTLY!! Regardless of the spectrom of viewpoints it allows you (if your serious...or not) to choose what works for you. Or to look at things a little different and try it on. One never knows when the "click", light goes off and Bang! Your game is on.

The last frontier is between your ears though. It really dosn't take that long to learn the basics and groove a stroke. It's all about additude, and approach. St.

Run100
02-15-2005, 11:01 AM

MrLucky
02-15-2005, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> I've come to the conclusion that this board is full of bar-table ball-bangers. I don't know how many players are involved in your clique, but I'm certain that all of you should take up bowling. If I need advice on what not to do, I'll check here. Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards. This might help you as you're lining up that 8-ball on a 7-foot table. BLAH. <hr /></blockquote>

I think you are right on target and absolutely right Bud. In fact you should prove your point by taking them all on, one by one, for a few hundred on a 9 ft table. That would teach them !! ......and you'd probably get rich in the process!! <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I might just have a couple of hundred Lying around to get this off the ground! I love to donate to charities!!! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Run100
02-15-2005, 11:25 AM

MrLucky
02-15-2005, 11:29 AM
My dreams sir can be your reality! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm easy to find and travel all over the US with my business ! (I own my a software firm!) PM me if your dreams need fulfillment! LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="red">I take it from your sig you are a accomplished straight pool shooter ! I do not mind paying for some lessons from a pro ! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
02-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Debra, ever see a kid banging his head on the floor? He doesn't really want to hurt himself...just needs some attention.
Re: "Sphincter release"
Does this mean he'll be leaving the board?
"......, we hardly knew you"
It's hard to expose yourself as a jerk, in under 30 posts....
it took me over a hundred

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> My dreams sir can be your reality! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm easy to find and travel all over the US with my business ! (I own my a software firm!) PM me if your dreams need fulfillment! LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="red">I take it from your sig you are a accomplished straight pool shooter ! I do not mind paying for some lessons from a pro ! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, I'm in for some 9-ball, too....I'll take a piece of that action. I'll play him a few races....MrLucky, you know how to find me if he wants some... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrLucky
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I am ready and willing to give him some attention! Hopefully we will meet if he has the LOL! time in his imaginary Pro career! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Are you stating that you have, some Valentines candy left?<hr /></blockquote>
She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

Why would you say something like that? Just wondering...seemed sort of snide to me....could be wrong, though, you may have meant it in an entirely different way than it looked...that's why I'm asking.

Popcorn
02-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope you guys aren't such suckers in the pool room. I can't believe this jac*off got you'll to respond.

Run100
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM

MosconiJr
02-15-2005, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Are you stating that you have, some Valentines candy left?<hr /></blockquote>
She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. <hr /></blockquote>

Why would you say something like that? Just wondering...seemed sort of snide to me....could be wrong, though, you may have meant it in an entirely different way than it looked...that's why I'm asking. <hr /></blockquote>
Gerald,

It's a joke about a previous thread (Women in the Pool Hall) from a few days ago. Considering everyone's participation in it, I figured everyone had either read or was aware of that thread. Hopefully everyone who read the thread will get the joke.

I just thought that this thread had been too serious and needed a little humor interjected. That seems to be the only thing (IMO) lacking on this board, some participant's seriousness about everything and non-ability to see (or take) a joke.

MosconiJr

wolfdancer
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
"I'm going to AZ Billiards."
To paraphrase the Ditech commercial:
"Lost another one to AzBilliards......" Damn, damn, damn!!!

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I hope you guys aren't such suckers in the pool room. I can't believe this jac*off got you'll to respond. <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I hope you guys aren't such suckers in the pool room. I can't believe this jac*off got you'll to respond. <hr /></blockquote>

I guess it's true that small minds think alike. I'm going to AZ Billiards. Funny how all this brought out the world champions...MR.Lucky, GeraldG. What a joke. <hr /></blockquote>

That's what I thought.

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Mosconijr,

Yeah, I read the thread and actually participated in it. I was sort of hoping that wasn't it.

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but it sort of came across (to me) as a mean-spirited sort of comment to try to get a laugh at someone else's expense. Sort of "Debra and 9-Ball girl can't keep a boyfriend, so they have to buy their own Valentine Candy." The thing is, they may not be in a joking mood about it. You may actually hurt their feelings with it...is that what you were going for? I don't really think so...I think it was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment that you really didn't think through completely before you said it.

I dunno...none of my business, I guess, so I'll just let it go at that. I just wanted to point out how it looked to me. I hope they don't take it that way.

It may be, too that I'm just sort of hyper-sensitive right now...one of my guys at work committed suicide over the weekend and I've been kind of out of sorts since then. I've seen too many people hurting so far this week....I really don't want to see any more.

Run100
02-15-2005, 12:54 PM

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>
That's what I thought. <hr /></blockquote>

I was talking about you, dummy. <hr /></blockquote>

It looks like we have our very own troll. This will be a good one to completely ignore.

DebraLiStarr
02-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Quote Chris Cass:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you stating that you have, some Valentines candy left?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mosconijr wrote:
She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

<font color="blue"> Mosconijr,
That was mean and it's not true. Chris, you have my permission to eat all of Heide's candy. </font color>

MosconiJr
02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>
Mosconijr wrote:

<font color="blue"> Mosconijr,
That was mean and it's not true. Chris, you have my permission to eat all of Heide's candy. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>
Debra,

You should know by now that I am joking when I say things about you and Wendy. As attractive and intelligent as you both are, I'm sure you have enought candy to last till Halloween. I like you both and enjoy our barbs on the forum here. I realize that some things on the forum are said in jest and in a light hearted way. Sorry, but I can't think that every post is meant maliciously like GeraldG, Vagabond, and some others do, and try to pick apart every sentence of every response on every thread to see what I can say negatively about it. And I'm not going to change my demeanor to try and accomodate people with such negative attitudes.

Too bad some people can't recognize a joke.

MosconiJr

DebraLiStarr
02-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I got the joke..ok!!! No hard feelings here...really!!!

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Mosconi,
I didn't say I thought it was meant maliciously. In fact, I said I didn't think it was. I was only pointing out that it could have been taken that way.
The problem is that you can't see people's facial expressions on here or hear their tone of voice, so things get misconstrued and taken the wrong way. There may be things going on behind the scenes that you don't know about that will make a subject particularly sensitive...you never know.

I have been guilty of doing things like that myself, unintentionally...not meaning anything by it, but putting my foot in my mouth nonetheless. One time several years ago, I was meeting up with some friends and aquaintances at a bar....there was one girl there who's boyfriend was notorious for being several hours late or not showing up at all. She was a very sweet girl, and overly tolerant to my way of thinking...anyway, I saw she was sitting there and her boyfriend wasn't there. So, I nonchalantly...really just trying to make small talk...said "Mike late again?" She jumped up like her chair was on fire and headed for the restroom at warp-speed with one of the other girls close behind...One of the other girls said to me "What's wrong with you? Are you just completely insensitive?" I was just sitting there with my mouth open sort of yammering "What? What? What did I say?" Well, it turns out that a couple of weeks before that, they had broken up and this guy had called her on the phone and shot himself through the head with a pistol while she listened to it on the phone. I didn't know anything about it because I had been travelling and didn't get the news. You never know...

Anyway, I don't think you were trying to be malicious...and I guess considering the way things have been here for a few days and my state of mind around this more recent suicide (suicide is REALLY getting to be a problem...that's nine with people relatively close to me in my lifetime thus far)...I should have just refrained from saying anything at all.

dandydan
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM

Wally_in_Cincy
02-15-2005, 02:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dandydan:</font><hr> .... I am barely smarter dan dee average bozo on here boo boo... <hr /></blockquote>

uh-oh

DebraLiStarr
02-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I'll have you know I sent Debra Valentines candy and an email card. She calls me the wizard, behind the screen. Ah what do I know, I am barely smarter dan dee average bozo on here boo boo...

<font color="blue"> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Go take your medication. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

MosconiJr
02-15-2005, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr>

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but it sort of came across (to me) as a mean-spirited sort of comment to try to get a laugh at someone else's expense. Sort of "Debra and 9-Ball girl can't keep a boyfriend, so they have to buy their own Valentine Candy." The thing is, they may not be in a joking mood about it. You may actually hurt their feelings with it...is that what you were going for? I don't really think so...I think it was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment that you really didn't think through completely before you said it.<hr /></blockquote>

If you were sure that I didn't mean it in a bad way, then you wouldn't have posted this thread....Unless you were just trying to stir sh*t. And it's really none of your concern what I was going for. Also, it was not tongue in cheek, and I did think it through completely. It's just that we have a sense of humor. And we don't assume other people's intentions as you do.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr>I dunno...none of my business, I guess, so I'll just let it go at that. I just wanted to point out how it looked to me. I hope they don't take it that way.<hr /></blockquote>

True. Not your business. And it shouldn't matter how it looked to you. I didn't address it toward you. I'm sure they will take it much better than you did.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr>It may be, too that I'm just sort of hyper-sensitive right now...one of my guys at work committed suicide over the weekend and I've been kind of out of sorts since then. I've seen too many people hurting so far this week....I really don't want to see any more. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry about the suicide. But if you're hyper-sensitive, maybe you shouldn't post assumptions about what other people mean in threads.

MosconiJr

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
OK, whatever.

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Debra,

I was hoping you'd ask me about Heide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bought Heide a "Diamond Ring" for Valentines along with a nice card. I was so lucky at the time. I was in Kmart and they had a 70% sale off all the jewlery in the case. So, I called and asked her, if I can spend a few extra $$ for her Valentines gift this yr. She told me how much? I usually start high so I would make it when she widdles me down in price. lol I told her $200. she, went balistic. 200.?? lol She said, noway. I said well then how much? Then she said $100. max. I told her noway, how bout $125. she said ok. So, I went a bit over board with the $167. and begged forgiveness. hahahahhaha

Anyway, I bought her a $550. ring for $167.00 I think it was? I think I did pretty good myself. I wanted or was going to buy her, a new shaft for her McDermott. Only, I know this yr. She'd like, something more close to the heart. With all that's going on with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I commented about the candy because, it was what I really had a taste for. lol I like chacolate covered cherries. Heide, usually buys me those for Valentines. It's what I always want. I told her that this yr I didn't want a Valentine and would like to put the extra money towards what, I had in mind for her?

She agreed and that was that. I also asked her to forgive me for not getting her any of her favorite candies. She likes those Fannie May "Mint Meltaways." They sell them at Jewel food store. This yr she resently had a tooth giving her problems with chacolate so, it worked out great for the both of us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I know many men would buy, you and Wendy anything for Valentines day. I'm also sure the post was made in gest. If I were a single man I'd buy all the women on the board some chacolate for Valentines. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif It seems that it's turned into a Halmark day instead of the used to be Sweethearts day. Still, I like to think that all women deserve a little something.

Regards,

C.C.

DebraLiStarr
02-15-2005, 04:14 PM
WOW Chris!!! Not only are you a nice man, but you are a good shopper!!! I hope you and Heide had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I hope you are feeling better!!! Love ya

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 04:28 PM
HAHAHAHA Debra beieve me, I'm a terrible shopper. I just got really lucky and it must of meant to be. I stumbled into K mart going there for a light bulb for the fridge. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~also hoping they had some flowers on sale. $20. doz roses. couldn't dare get any more stuff. hahahahaa

9 Ball Girl
02-15-2005, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. <hr /></blockquote>Not true. Debra and I bought V-Day candy for each other and hand fed it to each other too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What am I gonna do with you, huh?

Wendy&lt;---knows Mike is just kidding and I'm sure he knows I am too!

nAz
02-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Bwahahahahhaaha "Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards." good one ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks a lot people you guys managed to drive another member off the boards! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vagabond
02-16-2005, 05:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I hope you guys aren't such suckers in the pool room. I can't believe this jac*off got you'll to respond. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi,
I was surprised to see so many responses to a childish taunt.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MosconiJr
02-16-2005, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> She and 9 ball girl had to buy their own /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. <hr /></blockquote>Not true. Debra and I bought V-Day candy for each other and hand fed it to each other too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif<hr /></blockquote>
Excuse me for a minute while I close my eyes and imagine.....

MrLucky
02-16-2005, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Bwahahahahhaaha "Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards." good one ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks a lot people you guys managed to drive another member off the boards! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple"> Well sorry if this was meant for me but IMO! he drove himself off with ridiculous statements and attempts to lower the level of the other posters! but if this type of person will be missed on the board then I do not think this is the place for me then! Peace! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-16-2005, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Debra and I bought V-Day candy for each other and hand fed it to each other too. <hr /></blockquote>
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MJ:</font><hr>
Excuse me for a minute while I close my eyes and imagine..... <hr /></blockquote>

MJ, I'm thinking of something involving chocolate syrup /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Chris I just read your post on your high run and how you felt while running it. True story I have know Mike Sigel since he was 13 and playing in tournaments in Rochester and Syracuse area. He was playing in his first Worlds Tourney in Atlantic City and I sat down next to him and I said to
him Mike this is the only thing I can tell you is to watch the body rythymn of someone who is running balls and they move around the table in a dance routine everything smooth and graceful, now watch someone who is playing badly and their body rythymn is out of sync. The secret is to put your body in rythymn by creating a dance routine that you just fall into in the first rack or two.

Most Great straight poolplayers had developed that body rythymn to go along with mind control[putting themselves in a trance like state]####

MosconiJr
02-16-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> OK, whatever. <hr /></blockquote>
Gerald,

I want to apologize for the rude response to your post. I just feel that sometimes people assume too much on the boards, but I shouldn't have answered in such a rude way.

If you are at the Viking 10,000 added tournament, I'll buy you a drink.

MosconiJr

Deeman2
02-16-2005, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Run100:</font><hr> Gee, maybe you're right. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of "Racking Secrets"? I heard Ebay has a copy. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Run 100,

I've been thinking of you all morning. Unless, you want to aquire a copy of the book for the collector aspect of it or just like to have a copy for the vault then, I would try to buy it somewhere cheaper. The book originally went for like $20. I think and there's 2 additions and one of them has some type of errors in it. That would be up to you to find out which one it is that doesn't have the errors and someone here can help you find that out, I'm sure. We all seem to help eachother in every aspect of the game as well. Heck, even cue repairs. lol <font color="blue">
Chris,

You may know that Charlie Bonds new book, The Great Break Shot has the complete Racking Secrets contained within. I think we are going to have a book review party in Texas next month. </font color>

What I was thinking was about your handle or name? I never know which one to call it properly. Anyway, I looked under your bio and you were honest enough to state that your current run was 77. Mine is 168 but that was many yrs ago and the run was under certain conditions. <font color="blue">

I got to thinking about how many of us never run near the numbers we may have a few years ago. I know some of it is maybe age and so forth but for a lot of us it's opportunity. You just don't play that much 14.1 in most places anymore. Outside of New York and a few other places, it's almost entirely nine ball. That's a shame. Even the best pool players can't spend that much time practicing for a game almost no one plays. It is a shame more people don't get the opportunity to play it (along with one pocket).</font color>

I was playing in a small room with nothing but a small radio in the distance. Very quiet and just a few players watching on the rail. It was a Sun and a very relaxed slow day and it also was around lunch time. I alr4eady had eaten breakfast and couldn't think about lunch.\

I was playing .25 a ball and I just seemed to get in gear. I was in a rhythym that was so smooth and it just flowed. I remember it so well because you'll have very few of them type days. Don't think I didn't get lucky, because I did.

I remember a railbird told his friend, I had ran 5 racks. Like 75 balls and I knew what that would do to my consentration after hearing that so, I took a washroom break right then and there. After coming back I washed my hands in the little sink next to the table and did the rest. LOL Never did repeat it. <font color="blue"> Did you get out of line or blow an easy one? I always blew the hanger from lack of attention. </font color>

I still play it now and then. In the halls today, it's hard to get the noise level down and everyone seems not to respect the players playing. <font color="blue"> I'm not a prude as most on here know me but Rappers blasting "F**K the Girl" at 120 decibels seems not in tune with most pool games. I know it's these kids music like ours was ours but I feel for the young ladies that have to hear all that degrading of them so loud. Am I just getting old? Stupid Question!!!! </font color> It's like they just don't care. That's why 9ball is so popular too I'm thinking. You don't need the quietness of the atmosphere.

Anyhow, I know many players here that can help you with that too. My point about the book is that with your respectable run of 77 and playing the game of 14.1 you'll just need to know some of the small things out of the book. As I have the same backround you'll discover. You'll understand where Joe is coming from. It's great for a refresher of what's going on in the racks your breaking or racking and the type game your playing.

If you want I could send you a pm of the things you'll need to recomfirm in your game in competition. That should be enough for you but if you'ld like to purchase the book? Then I suggest again you, find another sorce other than ebay.

Sometimes, the ph's that sell books and things might have a copy and sell it for the original price. I played a small tourney in KS and I think the place was called Shooters. It was in Oleath, KS. They had 2 copies of the game, Target Pool. They sold me one in the plastic still at the price of the orginal $30. That's been out of print also and I do remember seeing one on ebay for like $50. too. It's all about where and when you might run across it, is all.

Regards,

C.C.~~sorry so long.... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Chris,

You're such a nice man. Someone comes on here and blasts everyone and you still have the heart to give him good advice. Now that shows class.

Thanks,

Deeman</font color>

Chris Cass
02-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi Deeman,

Thank you for the compliment. I'm just trying to let the guy blow off steam and see or atleast give him the oportunity to fit in. I'm just trying to be understanding and sometimes it's not worth it. Sometimes, it's all about starting trouble.

Oh, my run. The game ended when I reached the 125 points but I kept going to see how far I could run. The shot I missed? I think it was a breakout shot inside a cluster. It was a hi percentage shot to make anyway as I remember. I got a few claps and I went home feeling very happy for the day.

It's not only the music that's a bit loud but even the patrons just don't give the respect to the shooters. It's like a big coffee clutch nowdays during the day. They're all talking loud and it's all about the night before or what's going on.

That's what I noticed about the Q-Masters ph in VA. The railbirds kept it quiet for the players. The atmosphere even with the music on was comfortable there. Maybe, it was because of the Open going on that made the regulars keep it quiet?

It was the same type atmosphere at the Cue Club in Vegas. The people just watched the action and kept it down while a few could match up? I don't know? It's sure not that way out here.

Regards,

C.C.

DebraLiStarr
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi Deeman,

Thank you for the compliment. I'm just trying to let the guy blow off steam and see or atleast give him the oportunity to fit in.

<font color="blue">Well if you didn't figure it out already, the guy was Fast Larry. He sent me a very weird e-mail yesterday saying how he enjoys ruffling feathers and how he's a computer genius and weird stuff like that - and how he's proud of being kicked off the board 97 times (make that 98 counting yesterday)..wait... he was run100 AND DandyDan, so I guess that makes it a double, tallies it out to 99!!!! Anybody that would like to read Larry's sinister e-mail to me, please PM the request!!! Those of you that have already read it, know what I am talking about when I say that he has completely lost his friggin mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifpatiently (no pun intended) awaiting the arrival of Dr. Arthur Schopenhauer...FL's RSB alias...rotflmao</font color>

MrLucky
02-16-2005, 04:46 PM
<font color="red">I am new here but not to life and its assortment of idiots and A-holes ! I found it interesting that someone was actually compl;aining about this maladjusted characters demise from the board! Thanks for the confirmation! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GeraldG
02-16-2005, 09:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> OK, whatever. <hr /></blockquote>
Gerald,

I want to apologize for the rude response to your post. I just feel that sometimes people assume too much on the boards, but I shouldn't have answered in such a rude way.

If you are at the Viking 10,000 added tournament, I'll buy you a drink.

MosconiJr <hr /></blockquote>

Mosconijr,

It's no problem, dude. Misunderstandings happen... I don't drink, but I'll sure sit and have a Coke with you, while you drink whatever you're drinking (and I'll buy)...I figure the more friends I have the better off I am. I'll be at the Atlanta stop. I can't make the Rockford, Ill stop. Are you playing in it?

SpiderMan
02-17-2005, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Hi Deeman,

Thank you for the compliment. I'm just trying to let the guy blow off steam and see or atleast give him the oportunity to fit in.

<font color="blue">Well if you didn't figure it out already, the guy was Fast Larry. He sent me a very weird e-mail yesterday saying how he enjoys ruffling feathers and how he's a computer genius and weird stuff like that - and how he's proud of being kicked off the board 97 times (make that 98 counting yesterday)..wait... he was run100 AND DandyDan, so I guess that makes it a double, tallies it out to 99!!!! Anybody that would like to read Larry's sinister e-mail to me, please PM the request!!! Those of you that have already read it, know what I am talking about when I say that he has completely lost his friggin mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifpatiently (no pun intended) awaiting the arrival of Dr. Arthur Schopenhauer...FL's RSB alias...rotflmao</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

FL is a clown - he's been mining email addresses and sending us spam, trying to sell "super draw" cueballs. Must be getting desperate.

SpiderMan

MrLucky
02-17-2005, 07:36 AM
I also noticed that the only person who claimed I ran off "another" poster does not even post in the forum she post in the non pool forums !I am baffled as to what would bring her here on this post to make such an accusation? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2005, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Bwahahahahhaaha "Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards." good one ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks a lot people you guys managed to drive another member off the boards! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fast Larry deserves to be driven off. Fortunately the AZB and CCB admin has a zero tolerance policy for him.

MosconiJr
02-17-2005, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> I'll be at the Atlanta stop. I can't make the Rockford, Ill stop. Are you playing in it? <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be in Atlanta. I thought about going to the 25,000 event, but I think it's a little too far.

MrLucky
02-17-2005, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> I'll be at the Atlanta stop. I can't make the Rockford, Ill stop. Are you playing in it? <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be in Atlanta. I thought about going to the 25,000 event, but I think it's a little too far. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> I plan on going also so I can see how the big boys do it! Look forward to meeting some of you there! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MrLucky
02-17-2005, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Bwahahahahhaaha "Oh, there is a good article about "sphincter release" on AZ billiards." good one ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks a lot people you guys managed to drive another member off the boards! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fast Larry deserves to be driven off. Fortunately the AZB and CCB admin has a zero tolerance policy for him. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple"> Being the new guy here I was concerned by this persons angst at my remarks but after finding out they do not even post here /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I put their perpective and comments in its proper place! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
02-17-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Fast Larry deserves to be driven off. Fortunately the AZB and CCB admin has a zero tolerance policy for him. <hr /></blockquote>

come on walley FL was one of the best posters this place has ever had. he livened (sp) the place up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Fast Larry deserves to be driven off. Fortunately the AZB and CCB admin has a zero tolerance policy for him. <hr /></blockquote>

come on walley FL was one of the best posters this place has ever had. he livened (sp) the place up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Downtown livened it up without being a garbagemouth, at least his posts had wit. Probably a lot more intelligent than FL. I hated to see him barred.

SpiderMan

nAz
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="purple"> Being the new guy here I was concerned by this persons angst at my remarks but after finding out they do not even post here /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I put their perpective and comments in its proper place! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

dude to quote DebraLi "don't get your panties all bunched up" i meant that post to everyone here not just you and it was more of a joke then a serious comment.

BTW when it comes to the CCB I read almost every post that comes up so I can try to stay on top of what is going on here i don't reply to every post here because there are so many people here who know more then i do (and that think they know a lot). As for posting I only do it when I have something intelligent or new to ask (put that in perspective), not the same repetitive questions i have read over the last 3 years here.

MrLucky
02-17-2005, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="purple"> Being the new guy here I was concerned by this persons angst at my remarks but after finding out they do not even post here /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I put their perpective and comments in its proper place! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

dude to quote DebraLi "don't get your panties all bunched up"

<font color="red">LOL! I prefer going Commando ! actually! </font color>

i meant that post to everyone here not just you and it was more of a joke then a serious comment.

BTW when it comes to the CCB I read almost every post that comes up so I can try to stay on top of what is going on here i don't reply to every post here because there are so many people here who know more then i do (and that think they know a lot). As for posting I only do it when I have something intelligent or new to ask (put that in perspective), not the same repetitive questions i have read over the last 3 years here. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> Not a problem ! It has been filed in the proper receptacle and already laid to rest! by the way, btw, how is the "Bacon Whores " post coming along? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif