PDA

View Full Version : Cue Design Software ??????

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a Cue design software on the market so that someone could have a plain cue and add the points, inlays, rings and stuff like that. I have a cue design in my head and been trying to get it out on paper or in sight to see if it's any good.

I know this sounds crazy but I woke out of a dead sleep (Oops, no pun intended) thinking about cues and the one in my mind lately has been in my dream. Weird stuff Manard. lol

I went to sleep last night after reading the Post Your Cue Image post lastnight. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pizza Bob
02-15-2005, 06:03 AM
Chris:

The only cue design software that I know of is, I'm sure, proprietary. Bill Stroud and Thomas Wayne, I believe, both had design software. Bill used to sit down with you and manipulate the program, to come up with a design. Not sure if he works like that anymore. Would be a neat idea to have a generic program for those of us that are creatively challenged.

Glad to see your situation hasn't gotten you down. One day at a time, buddy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

SPetty
02-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a good programming challenge for all those computer gurus we have out there.

Cueless Joey
02-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Chris, you might wanna fiddle around with Corel Draw.
That's the first drawing software I fiddled with.
I'm fiddling with Autocad now when I have free time.

Rackin_Zack
02-15-2005, 12:46 PM
I go low tech and just draw it on paper. Then if there is something that I want to change, I take a photo of it and edit the pic in Photoshop...lol.

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Why Thanks Bob,

Yep, got to move on. Anyway, I can picture the designs but wish I could put it all togather. Knowing me, the cue would be somewhat plain in some eyes but fancy, in mine. Sure would like to buy a software that would do something like that. Even, a good idea for some of the engineers here to design something that would work.

There's plenty of cuemakers that would love to have some software like that for those programmers to design. They already have it for cars right? That would be a great idea. I see the ring work in one cue I like and would love to put all these little things togather on one cue.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks for the kudos Bob. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks Joey,

I'll have heide look into that. I'm like Zack and have trouble putting it togather. I'd hav to tke these points and these rings and this and that and that's it. hahhahhaha

Regards,

C.C.~~lil vision /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

GeraldG
02-15-2005, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> I go low tech and just draw it on paper. Then if there is something that I want to change, I take a photo of it and edit the pic in Photoshop...lol. <hr /></blockquote>

That's what I did to design the cue that Danny Tibbitts is building for me now (my 2nd Tibbitts). I drew it out on paper with colored pencils and scribbled lots of notes around it. Then I went and sat down with Danny and he suggessted a couple of changes....we made those , he scribbled a bunch more notes and away we went...6 ebony points (3 long/3 short)with 3 veneers (black/pink ivory/white outside to inside), long Ivory diamonds inside the points into birdseye maple for the forearm, Ivory joint, buttsleeve is birdseye maple with large ivory diamonds with one veneer of black and one of pink Ivory and a pink ivory diamond in the center which correspond with the long points, and two smaller diamonds of the same design one over the other that corespond with each of the short points. The butt plate is Ivory with a gold diamond shaped inlay just under Danny's signature with a 3/4 kt ruby set in it. The buttplate and joint Ivory will be engraved with a wrap-around scene which sort of frames the ruby and the signature. The scene is as yet unfinished...I still have a little time to get that completed. Two 13mm shafts with Ivory ferrules. White Irish linen wrap with black specks.