PDA

View Full Version : Instroke case ques.

05-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Hello,
I just recieved my new 60" cue from Keith Josey. With the pin, the butt is 32" long and dosn't come close to fitting in my case. Can someone tell me if this cue will fit in an Instroke case. If it will, I'll get a 2x4.

thanks
Shayne in Ohio

Chris Cass
05-30-2002, 08:22 AM
Not happening Dude. The one I have goes shy of 31". The cases other than the Cowboy might work. Just look'em up on line and email them. Wish I had the info for ya but punch in Instroke.

C.C.

05-30-2002, 09:52 AM
Thanks Chris, thats what I get for being tall.

05-30-2002, 05:40 PM
A case that will fit your cue is Bentley, though different models may vary. I have a 60 inch cue and the case hold the cue, barely, but effective. I believe that you can find a good one on Ebay for about $100.

Barbara
05-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Shayne,

I play with a 59 1/2" cue and have the Instroke case with the zipper, not the other design they sell. I think you'll be able to fit your cue into that one, but you may not be able to put a butt cap on the end of your shaft. Contact John Collins of Instroke if you have a question, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer it for you.

Barbara~~~bigger cues for bigger boys and girls... /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Barbara
05-30-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm sure Shayne would rather put his 60" custom baby in a cue case that can take the pressure of being run over by a GMC Jimmy without the slightest damage to the cues, and case for that matter!

Barbara~~~Leepin' Leenie is NEVER going to hear the end of that story!!!!

05-30-2002, 09:02 PM
a jack justis will hold a 60 inch cue

Chris Cass
05-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi Shayne,

I found out today for ya. I noticed a guy that I knew had one of the new Coyboy's and sure enough it'll fit. I guess the one I have is old even though it doesn't look it. I'm sorry for misleading you. I took a tape mearure and it's handle it perfectly. Sorry bud.

Regards,

C.C.

05-31-2002, 06:00 AM
Shayne, i have had a 60" cue in the instroke buffalo case !!
I also know and recommend highly the Whitten brand as i own at the present time. Im sure if you wanted to spend less money say like a porper he makes cases for longer cues you just have to call him and order what you would like.. Q-BALL

05-31-2002, 11:14 AM
n/m

Harold Acosta
05-31-2002, 11:59 AM
Whomever you contact to purchase the Instroke case, make sure you ask if it is from the new batch of Instrokes. The old ones were not made for 60 inch cues. The new ones will fit them. Giusseppe Cases will also fit the 60 but I would go with Instroke.

05-31-2002, 01:25 PM
Hi Shane,
If the overall length of your cue is 32" I doubt if it will fit in the Instroke without distorting the lid. My standard case will accommodate a cue as long as the overall length does not exceed 31-1/4". For your cue to fit in one of my case you would have to specify an extra 1" at a cost of $45. I can't figure out for the life of me why the cuemakers want to use such a long pin. Anything over the length of the standard 1" insert serves no useful purpose. Even the radial pin which you probably have is longer than it needs to be by at least 1/2", IMO.
I can almost say with certainty that this cue will not fit in a standard Instroke, Whitten or Justis.

05-31-2002, 01:31 PM
Sorry, I forgot to log in before responding to Shanes question on the long cue.....

05-31-2002, 01:35 PM
The 32" is misleading as I wanted to use my joint protectors. Without the JP's my butt measures 31.5". I talked to John Collins at Instroke and he said the cases made in the last year will fit my cue at 31.5". You are right about me having a radial pin, I need to work on my wrist strength to put this thing together or break it down.
Thanks, Shayne