PDA

View Full Version : Best Cue under $75?

chenz
02-16-2005, 09:41 AM
I am looking at Action and Player cues. I don't need anything fancy, just well built. I played with an older Mali and it felt great. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SplinterHands
02-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Check out www.BilliardWarehouse.com (http://www.BilliardWarehouse.com) for inexpensive cues. I've ordered from them before and have never had a problem. I think a sneaky pete of some kind would be your best bet.

cheese_ball
02-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Just like any other hobby, sport, or past-time, good billiards equipment can be rather expensive.... though doesn't have to be. The best cue under $100.00 is a Dufferin sneaky pete hands down. There's no BS, just a solid cue made from hard rock maple.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheese_ball:</font><hr>...The best cue under $100.00 is a Dufferin sneaky pete hands down. ... <hr /></blockquote>

I'll second that. Bought one a while back for $60 to take to the bar on Friday. It plays almost as well as my more expensive cues.

I had a Mali sneaky pete ($60) that played good too. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice it to the pool gods after a particularly bad match in 2001.

Perk
02-17-2005, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_CincyUnfortunately I had to sacrifice it to the pool gods after a particularly bad match in 2001. [/quote:</font><hr>

hmmm...i have been there and done that. Definately learned my lesson. My blow up cost me 550.00. Of course it was before I was married with kids, now I dont DARE do anything to ruin what I have..cant afford to buy it back like I did the first (couple) times. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-17-2005, 01:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr>... My blow up cost me 550.00....

<hr /></blockquote>

I purposely did not smash my playing cue. I calmly put away my playing cue then picked up my breaker and walked outside and smashed it on a guardrail /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Funny thing is, the remnants were gone the next day. I don't know why anybody would want them.

Perk
02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Thats so funny..I like how you put it.. "Calmly put my playing cue away"....I did the same thing (kinda)...I calmly unscrewed my shaft/butt so I wouldnt snap it, then I commenced to beat the butt on the ground, snapping it in 2 places. Looking back, I think I would have rather just snapped the shaft, that would have only cost me 184.00... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catscradle
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheese_ball:</font><hr> ... though doesn't have to be. The best cue under $100.00 is a Dufferin sneaky pete hands down. There's no BS, just a solid cue made from hard rock maple. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree absolutely. You can get a Dufferin Phantom online for 70 bucks, pro taper, 12.75 mm. Little butt heavy compared to my custom cue, but shoots great nevertheless.

bluey2king
02-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I like Lucasi cues. I have never played one of their Sneaky Pete's but I have seen them sell for about $70. on Ebay. I just bought a Lucasi with a Uni-Loc joint for 125. on ebay.
Hope this helps

JimS
02-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I was going to say that you can't get a good cue for under $75 and decided not to say that because it sounds cynical and negative but further reflection tells me that I was right. $75 will not buy a good cue.