PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

05-30-2002, 10:42 AM

05-30-2002, 01:07 PM
At one of the rooms I shoot at, they play a good deal of cards. Some of the guys are really quite good. One day a stranger comes through the door and says, " Anybody here play poker?" Dennis, (name changed to protect the gullible) jumps up and plays some. $5,000 later, he quits. Stranger looks around, but there are no other takers, as Dennis is about the best poker player there at the time. Two weeks later, ESPN world poker championships are on. Dennis walks through the door, and one of the guys points at the TV and says, " Hey Dennis, isn't that the guy you played in here a couple of weeks ago?"
The moral of the story is, beware of strangers bearing card decks.

05-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Same pool hall, same Dennis. Super Well Known male touring pro walks in the door one day and offers Dennis a game. Dennis plays, and is losing. One of the other regulars looks up from his card game and shouts, " Hey Dennis, you know you could watch him play for free on ESPN!"
Side note, Dennis knew he was going to lose this one, and bet small.

05-30-2002, 02:36 PM
I have been waiting to share this story for a long time and since it just popped into my head, here goes. The scene is in the Sportsman poolhall in Roanoke, VA. in the late 60s.He looks up and says: "You know if I were a woman, I'd have a pocket full of money." I have never told this to anyone until now, so pardon me if it was not too funny.Whitewolf. ... I don't get it. Women didn't have pockets in the 60s.... Smorgass Bored