PDA

View Full Version : What's the Protocol - not a joke

dg-in-centralpa
02-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I have two different friends who are renewing their wedding vows this year. One is very close, our families get together quite often for picnics, News Years Eve, exchange at Christmas, etc. The other is a person I sold a house to. Since I'm at the age where my friends are now renewing their vows, is it proper to get a wedding gift? The close friends, I would do something no matter what. But what is the protocol? Thanks!

DG - needs to know by July

Barbara
02-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Duane,

You do what you feel that is in your heart!

Barbara

DebraLiStarr
02-18-2005, 07:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Duane,

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

I second that.

Cueless Joey
02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Duane,

I second that. <hr /></blockquote>
I feel I should meet you in Florida. I'll make sure I wear goggles so the Mace won't hurt. J/k. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Duane, buy them a dinner at the Outback.
That is if you feel like doing it.

Stretch
02-18-2005, 09:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Duane,

Yep! you can't go wrong there Barbara. It never hurts to pick up a little something though, especialy in this case. It's the thought that counts as they say. Me, i'd go for a gag joke type of thing. I'm sure after all the years of marriage there's LOT'S of fertile ground to exploit haha. I'm sure that they will not be needing toasters, place matts, or salad bowls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.~~hopeing for toasters, place matts, and salad bowls~~

CarolNYC
02-19-2005, 03:48 AM
Hey Duane,
For the cloase friends, I would get something like this engraved on a platter of some kind:

Now you will feel no rain,
For each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold,
For each of you will be warmth to the other.

Now there is no more loneliness,
For each of you will be companion to the other.

Now you are two bodies,
But there is one life before you.

Go now to your dwelling place,
To enter into the days of your togetherness.
And may your days be good and long upon the earth

and then send then to a nude beach /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif(I have to have some kind of humor)

For the non close friend, maybe some kind of spiritual blessing object ,ya know?
Carol~first blessing is actual apache blessing!

dg-in-centralpa
02-19-2005, 07:11 AM
CArol - what a nice poem. I may have wifey do a cross stitch with it. As for the nude beach, she's German and isn't intimidated by nudity. He is American and is. Wifey and I have been to nude resorts in the Poconos, she wants to come along, but we just haven't been able to make the time.

Duane

DebraLiStarr
02-19-2005, 07:57 AM
CuelessJoey wrote: I feel I should meet you in Florida. I'll make sure I wear goggles so the Mace won't hurt. J/k.

<font color="blue">Sorry, I've been out of town this weekend. Missed out on seeing Kato. bummer. I only mace the jerks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol, where did you find that poem, or did you write that?</font color>

dg-in-centralpa
02-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks to all for your suggestions.

DG

CarolNYC
02-21-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
have wifey do a cross stitch with it <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Duane,
Now,that is very nice-arent handmade items such special things when you receive them as gifts-its like its sentimental when you think of the time someone spends to make something unique-I wish I had a talent like that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He is American and is <hr /></blockquote>
Why is that?

[ QUOTE ]
she wants to come along <hr /></blockquote>
Just"she" as in a TRIO?LMAO-hmmmmmmmmmm-menage?(just funning)

Whatever you do, I know it'll be cool!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-21-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Carol, where did you find that poem, or did you write that? <hr /></blockquote>

Hello,
Its an Apache blessing and I have a friend who is an Apache-actually, thats his nickname too!
To me, American Indians have a certain special spiritual thing going on there and a respect that we all should have!
see ya!
Carol ~also is a collector of KACHINAS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Carol,
He's intimidated because of the way he was brought up. Our town is very conservative, and old fashioned. You and I are about the same age, and if your parents were like mine, any movie,record,book, etc. that has nudity or four letter words, they don't have time for. Dad is a little more lenient but mom..... Dad used to watch the Sopranos 'til mom complained about the language.

Duane - yes a threesome lol

CarolNYC
02-22-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
movie,record,book, etc. that has nudity or four letter words <hr /></blockquote>
Ha ha ha ha-I dont think there was such thing in my day-the first movie I ever saw at a movie theater was "Dr. Zhivago" and I wore red "PF flyers"-I was like 6 or 7yrs.old-I did jump higher with those "PF Flyers"
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~have fun with the "threesome" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
We went to the drive in alot because it was cheaper, $1 per car load. If any chance of nudity came on, dad would tell uys to put our heads down. Meaning behind the front seat so we couldn't see anything. Although when I was 13, he took my brother and I to see French Connection. He told us there might be some nudity, but don't go around saying "You should have seen the size of those."

DG - The US is more prudish than Europe