PDA

View Full Version : Paul Mottey cues

Bassmaster
02-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Does anyone use/ or have experience playing with a mottey cue?
I've been checking them out for a while...they look awesome...but never see anyone playing with one. I currently play with a upper end schon Sl 23. I was wondering about the comparison between the two..if any. Thanks

TommyT
02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Paul Mottey is one of the premier cuemakers in the world. His work is flawless and they play great also. Paul is a pretty good poolplayer so he knows what a good playing cue should be. I own one and also one from his protege' James White.
TommyT

opposedtwin2
02-19-2005, 11:57 AM
I presently own several of the premier custom cues that are usually mentioned when a question comes up on whether one cue is as good as another and I rate Paul Mottey cues the best in terms of playability. Schon is the best production cue. Naturally, my opinion is subjective.

tateuts
02-19-2005, 02:32 PM
The few Mottey's I've played with have reminded me of the old Schons. I have 4 old R series Schons and maybe a dozen extra old shafts. I also had a Schon with a Mottey shaft. They were very similar.

I would like to say that I think Mottey's cue values hold up very well, better than most. He is a well respected name with a large following.

Chris

MrLucky
02-19-2005, 04:07 PM
<font color="red"> I have never seen his work prior to today after reading this I went to his website ! MAN! up till this moment I thought SAMSARA were the prettiest cues out ! but the japanese art ones he has are fantastic! I do not have any idea how they play but they re certainly too pretty to play with!
</font color>
http://www.motteycues.com/photos/Samurai1.jpg /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dooziexx
02-21-2005, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassmaster:</font><hr> Does anyone use/ or have experience playing with a mottey cue?
I've been checking them out for a while...they look awesome...but never see anyone playing with one. I currently play with a upper end schon Sl 23. I was wondering about the comparison between the two..if any. Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

I have a Mottey and 2 James White cues on my site.. check them out... www.erikleecues.com (http://www.erikleecues.com)