PDA

View Full Version : Found a friend after 23 years!

CarolNYC
02-19-2005, 04:04 AM
As short as possible, when I was in 9th grade, I was sent away to California to go to school cause I cut out of H.S. here-well, my friend wrote me everday,cause I was sad and lonely,and gave me the strength and power to go on-
The last time I saw her was when my first daughter was born 23 years ago-she moved out of NY due to abusive jerk$$$ husband-I searched,for years,but she remarried and we both were looking under our maiden names-well, she happened to go under this website "classmates" where she seen something written by my older sister-with my maiden name-lo and behold,she found me and phoned me yesterday and talked for hours-it was overwhelming-but, a very sad thing is going on with her-cancer,bad-We.ve just found eachother and Im not gonna lose her-she will be with me at the Expo,by my side-she has no hair,eyebrow or eyelashes-so,all Im asking is, any friends that will be there,please treat her the same as you'd treat me-thats all!
Stay well all!
Peacing!
Carol

PQQLK9
02-19-2005, 05:52 AM
What a nice story Carol, if anyone can have a positive effect on someone ...
its YOU. Give her some CCB love from me.

dg-in-centralpa
02-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Carol - any friend of yours, is a friend of ours. I'd be happy to meet her and help her out if you can't.

Duane

Rich R.
02-19-2005, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Carol - any friend of yours, is a friend of ours. I'd be happy to meet her and help her out if you can't. <hr /></blockquote>
I couldn't have said it better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
02-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Can't wait to say hello. Does she shoot?

SecaucusFats
02-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Carol I'm very happy for you,and your friend. I believe strongly in Karma, and it seems to me that there is a very good reason you found each other just now.

I seriously doubt that there is anyone here who would not accept your friend just as she is, so don't worry about that.

Gayle in MD
02-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Wonderful story Carol,
Fate has put yo back in her life so that you can now return the favor, as I know you will.

I lost my best friend that I grew up with to cancer, many years ago, she was only twenty-nine. We did everything together from junior high school right up until we married and bought our first homes in the same subdivision, a block apart. I still miss her.

So happy for you that you found your friend!

Love,
Gayle

CarolNYC
02-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,
Thanks alot-all these responses were pretty cool-no she does not shoot and I believe in Karma/Fate too,Secaucus!

See ya's soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif