PDA

View Full Version : earl strickland

05-30-2002, 03:38 PM
heard a rumor that earl is going through a divorce i hope he will be able to get back in the swing of things ....anybody know what the scoop is

bell
05-30-2002, 04:53 PM
Who could live with that guy?

05-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Don't know, but she's been with him for a very long time now.... I can't stand the guy personally, but I wouldn't wish divorce on anyone. I've been there, it's never pleasant.

Rip
05-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Earl explained to several people in Vegas that he was going thru a divorce.
So there...I explained the situation to you...do you understand it now? LOL! I had to do that ya' know! Wink wink wink and all that crap! tsssk tsssk tsssk, Rip~~not Italian so I didn't use italics.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Don't know, but she's been with him for a very long time now.... I can't stand the guy personally, but I wouldn't wish divorce on anyone. I've been there, it's never pleasant. <hr></blockquote>

Ken
05-30-2002, 08:44 PM
I know a guy who went through a divorce. He had businesses worth around $15 million. The judge gave his wife $1 million which he couldn't pay. His attorney talked him into declaring bankruptcy. As soon as his clients found out they went elsewhere and all his property became non-producing and the bankruptcy trustee sold it all for peanuts. His wife turned the $1 million note over to their son-n-law who blew most of it in Vegas; she never got a cent. The bankruptcy court won't discaharge him because they have been waiting 10 years to get his inheritance of $300,000 when his mother dies. His attorney has been disbarred. They both live off social security. That's American justice.
KenCT

SpiderMan
05-30-2002, 09:16 PM
It can be quite pleasant when both parties agree that it's what they really want. What a relief!

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Don't know, but she's been with him for a very long time now.... I can't stand the guy personally, but I wouldn't wish divorce on anyone. I've been there, it's never pleasant. <hr></blockquote>

stickman
05-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Or it can be pleasant when they don't agree. Depends on which side of the disagreement you're on. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif Relieved here too.

stickman~~~~~~happily married to his fourth wife.

Tommy_Davidson
05-31-2002, 12:28 AM
&gt; If what i heard is right,Earl's soon-to-be-ex-wife is an oral surgeon,and probably makes more than he does,so chances are she won't try and rob him. Tommy D.

PoolFan
05-31-2002, 07:44 AM
Right, it will be the other way around.

Seems to me a lot of pro pool players that are married, are married to successful women or women who come from money.

Vagabond
05-31-2002, 07:50 AM
Howdy,
Wrong info.She is not a oral surgeon.There is a another pro( plays good bank pool along with 9 ball) whose wife is a Dentist,located in the northern part of Indiana.Cheers
vagabond

05-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Earl puts his game, his attitude, and his childish antics out there for the world to see - thus those things are fair game for our discussion.

His marriage/divorce and other private issues are his own and I'm just wondering if anyone else feels a little uncomfortable speculating about his personal life.

cheesemouse
05-31-2002, 08:56 AM
Shoop,
Presidents are fair game......why not Earl.

Vapros
05-31-2002, 09:01 AM
Right on, Shoop. I would hate to pass up such a golden opportunity to mind my own business.

05-31-2002, 09:04 AM
The pres. committed a crime. Perjury. There's a slight difference there.

Truth is, you can't stop people from talking about other people's personal lives. It's not illegal. I wouldn't do it. I think it stinks.

stickman
05-31-2002, 09:45 AM
I agree. His private business is just that, unless he chooses to make it public, and I have no knowledge of that. Now his public life is another matter. I don't hesistate to give my opinion of his public conduct.

cheesemouse
05-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Poolcuez,
I applaud your manners and etiquette but that assumes we live in a polite society. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>The pres. committed a crime<hr></blockquote> I assume you are including the last ten presidents here.

Rich R.
05-31-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Shoop:</font><hr> Earl puts his game, his attitude, and his childish antics out there for the world to see - thus those things are fair game for our discussion.

His marriage/divorce and other private issues are his own and I'm just wondering if anyone else feels a little uncomfortable speculating about his personal life. <hr></blockquote>
I agree Shoop. I have commented several times about Earl and his attitude and antics. As far as I am concerned, once he leaves the pool room/arena, his life is his own. I would never comment. Life is tough enough without having everbody watching.
Rich R.~~~every one deserves some privacy.

SPetty
05-31-2002, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> His private business is just that, unless he chooses to make it public, and I have no knowledge of that. Now his public life is another matter. I don't hesistate to give my opinion of his public conduct. <hr></blockquote>Hi Stickman,

As Rip explained earlier, "Earl explained to several people in Vegas that he was going thru a divorce." He did this in public, in the pool room/arena, as a partial explanation of his other public conduct.

stickman
05-31-2002, 11:44 AM
Well then it sounds like maybe he opened this can of worms himself. I still don't get any satisfaction from discussing someone's personal misfortune. Even if a divorce is the best thing and it will set you free at last, it's not a totally painless experience. After all, a person has to have felt something for the other person at sometime, otherwise they would never have gotten married. I might joke or kid about my own personal experiences, but not about someone elses.

cueball1950
05-31-2002, 01:29 PM
Earl was telling anyone who would listen while he was in chelmsford that he and his wife had split up and that she was living in their house. either on or near a golf course.he was hoping to try to make up with her but he did not think it would happen. he appeared to be very upset about it and i think he was worried about what would happen during the divorce with their community property...what he gets and what she gets......says he is going to have to play in alot of smaller tournaments to make everything right financially............................mike

Scott Lee
05-31-2002, 01:53 PM
cheesemouse...Gee, only the last TEN? LOL

Scott

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2002, 03:48 PM
I don't feel uncomfortable, but I do agree that this isn't the place to discuss personal relationship issues about anyone.

ted harris
05-31-2002, 06:31 PM
Earl also said that because of the state that pool is in he is probably going to start actively pursuing action again! I cannot wait to see what he does to some of these players for the cheese, and am anxiously awaiting.

eg8r
05-31-2002, 10:52 PM
Well I guess he is not going to start this weekend. lol, I just watched Earl the Pearl play Jay McVinney (a fellow CCBer) and when he was done, he walked around a little bit and left. The only person I really saw playing any action tonight was Mika (playing 1hole with a friend of his).

I am sure Jay will recount his weekend here for everyone, but he did fall victim to Earl tonight at the Predators tourney in Orlando.

eg8r

eg8r
05-31-2002, 10:56 PM
Since Earl is the subject, he was talking the whole time during his match with Jay. When Charlie Williams announced Earl's match, Charlie stated that Earl would be inducted sooner or later into the Hall of Fame. Earls response to Mike Sigel was, "I think I am going to turn them down." ha ha. I guess he is bitter. He was complaining that the BCA does not even have a place with memorabilia for fans to go look at.

Other than that, I guess I will be there tomorrow around 2:30 to see Earl play again. I am actually waiting for him to pop his top once. I just want to witness it in person. Does that make me as sick as him?????

eg8r