PDA

View Full Version : Cueless Joey is a boxing writer wannabe. LONG

Cueless Joey
02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
article warning. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Dick Schaap is turning over his grave........ In disgust (http://www.prizefightnews.com/interviewsdisplay.asp?rno=83)

PQQLK9
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Nice read Joey, I enjoyed the article.

Cueless Joey
02-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Thnx PQ.
I hope you watch the fight of March 19.
It's gonna be a brawl.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-23-2005, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Thnx PQ.
I hope you watch the fight of March 19.
It's gonna be a brawl. <hr /></blockquote>

Please issue a reminder around then.

Nice write-up Joey. I noticed how you worked in a couple of pool references /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How's Manny's pool game coming along? He's probably not practicing much right now.

hondo
02-23-2005, 06:42 AM
So, who do you like? I lean toward Morales but
PacMan is downright dangerous.

Cueless Joey
02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Manny's apartment complex has FOUR pool tables supposedly.
Manny is a solid B player.
I asked him if he's still staying late. He said no as he has to jog early in the morning.
He's looking good in the gym.
But, when you have two bangers in the ring, it's really a pick-em type fight. One punch can turn the whole fight around or end it.

Barbara
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Good article CJ! Very nice writing style!

Barbara

Cueless Joey
02-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Thank you Barbara.
I might wanna move down there in the Philly area as boxing is huge down there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Joe Frazier, Bernard Hopkins, Rocky Balboa and Larry Holmes are from the PA area.

Barbara
02-24-2005, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Rocky Balboa <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!

Barbara

DickLeonard
03-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Cueless the finest poolroom boxer that I knew was Carmen
Basillio of Canastoga NY. He was always at tournaments in Syracuse either the Holiday Bowl or the Syracuse Cue Club. When he retired from Boxing he became the Atheletic Dir. of LeMoyne College.

I bet with Tony Janerio the welterweight boxer at a dart match in Watervliet between Danny Triani and "The Lord of the Board" from Conn.

It was my first dart match,every time someone shot everyone started to scream. The Lord choose Baseball and Danny chose Corks. The Lord Turkeyed the first game shooting 54 while Danny only shot 51. Danny shot 24 corks while the Lord shot 21. It went back and forth that way with the Lord turkeying the first 5 baseball games he played. Everyone stopped betting against the Lord in Baseball so Janerio would only bet with me because I was betting both games. Then Danny started shooting 54s and the Lord was beaten. He couldn't overcome the corks.####

Cueless Joey
03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks DL.

Never heard of Tony until now.http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011087
Carmen was one hell of a fighter. Beat Sugar Ray even.

hondo
03-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Sugar Ray- Basilio 2 was better than Balboa-Creed 1 or 2.
Greatest fight I ever saw.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Thanks DL.

Never heard of Tony until now.http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011087
Carmen was one hell of a fighter. Beat Sugar Ray even.
<hr /></blockquote>

DickLeonard
03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
There were other fighters around the poolroom the Manzi brothers and Jim Egan.####

charlieb
03-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Really enjoyed the article and am looking forward to the fight. The lighter weights are always the most fun to watch. Can this be the same Joey I am meeting Sunday?

DickLeonard
03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Carmen was a very quiet man. When I first met him I wondered how he could have done what he did in the Ring. You knew he could run the Atheletic Dept with no problem at all.####

PQQLK9
03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey Joey, did you watch "The Contender" last night? What a show! I loved it and my guy won. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cueless Joey
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Hey Joey, did you watch "The Contender" last night? What a show! I loved it and my guy won. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I saw it. Whuttafight! Gomez outhustled Manfredo.
The ratings bombed though. I hope more people watch it from word of mouth.