PDA

View Full Version : Robles advances in Pittsburgh

CarolNYC
02-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Woo-hoo-as some of you know, Tony is like a brother to me and we phone eachother before certain matches for inspiration,motivation and downright heart&soul love-well, yesterday,he was preparing to play Gabe Owens-on hill-hill, he made a 4,9 ball for the win-stories on AZ!
How strong is that?
Cm'on Tony
Carol~very,very happy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Good for Tony.

I have a stupid question. Why are they having a tourney in the middle of the week? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I thought about going since Kathy has kin in Pittsburgh, until I found out the dates.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-23-2005, 07:35 AM
BTW I forgot to send you money for raffle tickets. If you want to buy me $20 worth I can pay you back next weekend at The Great Lakes Classic. If not that's ok too.

Thanks.

Rich R.
02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I have a stupid question. Why are they having a tourney in the middle of the week? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
The main sponsor it Hilton.
They are probably trying to fill rooms during their slow days.
Of course, everyone knows that no pool players have regular day jobs,
so there is no problem there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-23-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> The main sponsor it Hilton.
They are probably trying to fill rooms during their slow days.
<hr /></blockquote>

I thought that too. But wouldn't they be better off with spectators staying there too?

Rich R.
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I thought that too. But wouldn't they be better off with spectators staying there too? <hr /></blockquote>
That is probably what they are hoping for too.
They expect all of us rabid fans to leave our jobs and come to the hotel to see the tournament. This is in addition to the players, who are probably paying for their rooms too.

They have no incentive to have the tournament on the weekends, because the place is probably booked anyway. A nice hotel, with banquet rooms and decent food has no trouble booking weddings and other affairs every weekend. Their slow time is during the week.

ChuckR
02-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Just looking at the photos on AZB, it doesn't look that there are all that many spectators nor does it appear that they arranged for much of a seating section. Having the finals in the middle of the week is perplexing. Go figure.

CarolNYC
02-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Done deal! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Wally,
I have no idea,but maybe what Rich said!
See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Allright,4 players left-Tony on winners side!
Carol~this is when my increased heartbeating starts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif