PDA

View Full Version : Instruction

markmck
02-23-2005, 07:52 AM
I recently found out that Master Instructor Tom Simpson opened a BCA Academy in Westerville Ohio just outside of Columbus. I took a number of classes from him and became and instructor myself. It seems to me there are 3 very important parts to this game. The first is the physical part that encompasses stroke, stance, follow thru etc. The second is the mental game which includes but is not limited to knowledge of the game, experience, and the ability to focus on each individual shot. The third part for me is the competetive attitude needed to win every game you play. I have been playing pool since 1961 and when I am not shooting well I think it is because I am not trying hard enough to win. I know the game, the physics, the basic and advanced techniques position play etc. So what is wring with me? By the way, does anyone know why there are no, or so few instructors in the Boston area? Mark

randyg
02-23-2005, 09:50 AM
When the Bostonian grasshopper starts to chirp, a Master will be there!....SPF-randyg

Yoda
02-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Do you have the name of his business?

Chris Cass
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi markmck,

That's because there's so few BCA Master Instructors. Hopefully, Scott Lee will soon join these ranks of the elite. I've already had the pleasure of attending a 3 day workshop on the road so to speak from RandyG and joined with Scott Lee. This was more than just an experience for me as well as my 2 signifigant others.

We were fortunate in the size of the class was so small. I think the wheather had something to do with it. Maybe, it was the area because it was a new venue to my understanding. Anyway, the students made out with a one on one instruction. How, lucky was that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The cost that is involved some, might say is high b ut for the services rendered and the knowledge and material put out in that 24 hr class was well worth it bigtime. I will turn blue in the face promoting and recommending everyone interested in going anywhere in this game to spend the money and see that master instructor. It pays itself off tenfold.

Regards,

C.C.~~still can't believe the leraning curve one will obtain in 3 8hr classes. it took me 30 yrs to learn what others will be given in that time. unreal.

markmck
02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, if you are referring to Tom Simpson. His academy can be accessed at Poolclinics.com. He runs it out of Cushions in Westerville Oh. He has one, two and three day clinics as well as evening classes. His class on "Aiming systems of the pros" is unparalleled.