PDA

View Full Version : Q: Lucasi vs. Players ??

Snyder1
02-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I've seen eBay ads that indicate Players cues are "made by Lucasi". I can't find any information to support this - does anybody know if Players cues are in fact manufactured by Lucasi ? I've noticed there are so many good mid-priced cues today which are all very similar (Action, Players, Fury, Quest, etc etc). Logically, it seems like there must be a big overseas manufacturer who has the CNC manufacturing process down & produces these cues for a number of different brand names ? Just curious ... thx.

John

Popcorn
02-24-2005, 02:39 AM
They are both inexpensive cues made over seas for a company that distributes them. they Are nice for the money but on closer inspection and if you work on them, it becomes evident they are only worth what they sell for.

ryushen21
02-24-2005, 12:19 PM
my friend has a players that looks a cheaper version of a meucci i.e. sealed linen wrap and long ferrule. but i am not sure. Another friend has a players that looks very lucasi-ish. so honestly i am not sure. players aren't bad cues but you get what you pay for.

dg-in-centralpa
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
John,
If you are looking for a Lucasi, pm me I can give you the name of someone in town who sells them.

DG

Harold Acosta
02-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Lucasi and Players' cues are made for Jim Lucas, from Florida. His company is Cue and Case.