PDA

View Full Version : Break-cue recommendations?

lord_shar
02-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I currently shoot + break with a Schon and 314/Z Predator shafts, but I am concerned about the extra wear being done to the cue + leather tips.

Can anyone recommend a decent break-cue that can double as a part-time shooting cue? I'd prefer something with a 5/16x14 piloted steel pin joint (to maintain shaft compatibility with my primary cue) and stiff hit comparable to other Schons, thought these are not mandatory.

All replies appreciated.

Jay
02-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I would recommend any of the quality custom ones made out there. I would high recommend an Omen break/jump, The Mace or the Sledgehammer. All hit a ton. I own and play with a sledge and an Omen ( I prefer the Omen) and previously owned a Predator B/k briefly before I got the sledge. Ive never played with a Mace but I have heard nothing but good things about them. I have also heard the the Petree custom break cue at oklahomabilliards.com plays jam up to. I don think any of them have the pin you want but I would suggest you try them if you can. You wont be disappointed with any of the above. good luck.

daviddjmp
02-25-2005, 01:35 AM
I have a Mace and it is a great break cue-

supercueman
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
I have a omen, its wonderful... I know of a great player who lives in connecticut that had a hammer break, after he tried my omen, he bought one.. If you are going to the Hopkins expo Pete will be there with some breakcues to try out...... Supercueman /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

supercueman

tito
02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
hello Lord.-

I recommend you the Sledgehammer jump/break cue, Iīve got the RS model with black tip/ferrule. I was talking with Ralf Souquet and he said that itīs really good. To me itīs the best jump/break cue, the phenolic tip/ferrule itīs really good to jump too and the most important is that I donīt have to worry about change the tip as a normal cue or spend the money. To me Sledgehammer itīs the best.

http://www.veith-group.de/shop/index.html?target=dept_109.html&lang=de

good luck!