PDA

View Full Version : Billiards survey - please help me out!

catch03
02-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm the person responsible for the "Online Billiards Survey" banner ad that you see at the top of the discussion forum. I work for a company that is trying to understand the pool table marketplace and especially what pool table enthusiasts (like yourselves) are looking for when you play pool.

I really need your help to fill out the survey - I promise that we're not going to try and sell you anything as a result of your participation and that we'll never reveal any of the information you provide to us to third-parties.

As an incentive, we have 20 amazing prizes, including a $400 FURY cue, 3 $150 FURY cues, and 16 $50 Amazon.com gift certificates.

If you have any questions, let me know. I really appreciate your help! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Catherine

cheese_ball
02-25-2005, 01:30 PM
It's hard to fill out any surveys without knowing who the company is and what they do. Please provide us with more information regarding your (or your co.'s) intentions. Also, as enticing as your attractive offer is (because God only knows how badly I've wanted a $20.00 Chinese cue), I'd be surprised if you reel in any of the "major players" on this site. There's quite a few heavy-hitters on this forum, and I would think that you, as a ?new? billiard co. would want to hear opinions from a broad range of players, and not exclusively the newbies.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Is it true it takes only 20 minutes?

Barbara
02-25-2005, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Is it true it takes only 20 minutes? <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

I may be bored at work, but I'm not that bored!

I think I got halfway through it and closed out the window.

Barbara

Billy_Bob
02-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I bought my table used and not from a store. You need N/A answers!

Wally_in_Cincy
02-25-2005, 01:45 PM
I got 25% thru after 10 minutes. Too many questions. And they need a column for "not applicable"

maybe tomorrow...

Barbara
02-25-2005, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I got 25% thru after 10 minutes. Too many questions. And they need a column for "not applicable"

maybe tomorrow... <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto.

Barbara

Barbara
02-25-2005, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> I bought my table used and not from a store. You need N/A answers! <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto!

Barbara

landshark77
02-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I was bored enough to do it. It took forever! By the responses generated here, it looks like I have a good chance on that cue, LMFAO! Oh Boy, another cue!

SPetty
02-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Geez, I just spent 45 minutes via my dialup answering these questions that they don't really want my answers for (because they're geared towards the casual family style pool player), and then skipped out when I was over 75% finished due to being forced to answer "demographic" questions. I don't care to give out "demographic" information. I also didn't like it that I was forced to put in my email address at the beginning. That should be at the end once you're finished with it, in case anyone does finish it.

Dumb.

Troy
02-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll pass because --
1. Takes too long
2. Asks too many personal questions (email, demographics, etc)
3. Needs N/A for the majority of questions
4. Appears geared to the "bangers"
5. I don't care for cheap imported cues even if they're "free".

catch03
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow! I can't believe how many people have responded since I last checked.

To answer some of your questions - I am a consultant with Mercer Management Consulting (www.mercermc.com) and we regularly do industry profiles and strategy projects for clients. We are not a new pool table company - the purpose of this survey is to understand the pool table marketplace and specifically what pool enthusiasts are looking for. I hope this information helps some of you understand the purpose of the study. Your responses are really important to us.

Unfortunately, being a newbie to the sport, I seem to have missed the mark for what would be a good incentive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't think that I can change our prize structure at this time, but you'll see that we also offer $50 Amazon gift certificate prizes to spend on what you like. For future reference, what would have been a better prize?

Finally, on missing some "N/A"s and the length of the survey - we are in the last phases of this survey and so I won't be able to re-program the questions you've mentioned that need N/As, but if you choose the answer that most closely applies, I would still really appreciate your answers. In many places, we allow for an "Other" response, that you can fill-in with your unlisted reason.

THANK YOU to those of you who have stuck through the entire thing - now that I've heard how boring some of you believe this survey to be, you are real troopers. For those of you who tried it and gave up or who might still do it...I hope you will consider despite the negative comments. I've worked through it a couple of times, as have some of my testers - it really should take no more than 20 minutes because the questions are very straightforward. I think this is an opportunity for you to be heard and give your feedback to the industry - at the end of the day, it will benefit and improve the sport.

Thanks again &amp; I will continue to answer q's as they come.

MrLucky
02-25-2005, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Well, I was bored enough to do it. It took forever! By the responses generated here, it looks like I have a good chance on that cue, LMFAO! Oh Boy, another cue! <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple">LOL! luckily I'm retired and have plenty of damn time! It was long and some questions were not properly set up as noted for accurate answers so I guess me and landshark should be expecting our awards soon? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
02-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Catherine,

I did not mean to be negative, but it did take a while to load up each page. And without an idea of how many pages I had to go through, well, I lost interest. It's like being put on hold on the phone.

Also, just to let you know, I bought my table used. From a special friend, too. Your Q's do not apply to me in that regard.

However, my "little" brother is looking for a table and I will be showing him to the Valley Forge Super Billiards Expo.

But keep up with the survey. I can understand how frustrating it could be from a consultant's viewpoint.

Good luck!!

Barbara

Fred Agnir
02-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Both of my pool tables were less than $1000 each, so my survey ended early. Two questions. I hope that puts me in the running for those fine FURY Cues.

Fred

Tom_In_Cincy
02-25-2005, 04:29 PM
I only got two questions...

How often do I play?

And,

Are you planning on purchasing a table...

PLONK and thanks for taking the survey.

Took all of 1 minutes.

I wonder if that qualifies me for a $50 credit for Amazon?

SPetty
02-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Just another warning to those who get the long version: They're going to ask you if you want Slate, Slatron, MDF or something called Honeycomb? on your table. Like I said, not to sound uppity, but we're not really their target audience.

ChuckR
02-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Instead of taking the survey, I practiced long rail banks for 20 minutes and think I can already notice a difference. In the long run, this will translate to much more than a cheap cue. ChuckR

kyle
02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
It would of been nice if the site mentioned that anyone outside the U.S can't finnish the survey before spending the time to fill everything out.

PQQLK9
02-25-2005, 08:16 PM
What other sites are you surveying and when will the prize drawing be made and what are the oods of winning and will you publish a notice of all winners?

dg-in-centralpa
02-26-2005, 06:50 AM
I, too, only got 2 questions. My table was less than $1000 because it was from a vending operator and used. It's a slate bar box. Hope I get the Fury cue.

DG

Bob C
02-26-2005, 03:37 PM
I quit the survey when it wouldn't allow me to opt out of answering what my annual income is. I can't imagine too many people give this information freely to anyone who asks. Also had to laugh when it kept asking me to rate on-line buying experiences when I was shopping for my table . My table was bought BI--Before Internet.

Harold Acosta
02-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Your survey does not allow for Puerto Ricans to participate. You should add Puerto Rico in your list of "States". We are US Citizens by birth and by Law. Puerto Rico is a United States Possession. Regular postal rates apply to Puerto Rico including Priority Mail, so shipping anything to Puerto Rico would not be a hassle.

GolfProTj
08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
What ever I can do to help you out just give me a shout,
Tj Kern