PDA

View Full Version : The Pro book

mworkman
02-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have this DVD set? I received disc 1 with my inside pool magazine, and was wondering if I should cough up an additional $80.00 for the complete set. Is it worth it?

DialUp
02-26-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't think it is woth it. All it shows is kicks, banks, and safes without explaining any theory. Disc one is good but 2 is nothing special...

Stretch
02-26-2005, 09:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DialUp:</font><hr> I don't think it is woth it. All it shows is kicks, banks, and safes without explaining any theory. Disc one is good but 2 is nothing special... <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know about all that stuff, but i got the book. Good book. Lots to digest there and my game was well fed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

mworkman
02-27-2005, 08:41 AM
This sounds like the classic case of the book being better then the movie... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Does anyone have both?

recoveryjones
02-27-2005, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> This sounds like the classic case of the book being better then the movie... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Does anyone have both? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes I have the book and 4 dvd's. The book has loads of info on all areas of the game basically everything you need to know to train like a pro.It also diagrams all the reference practice shots for posistion play, safeties, banks and kicks which are physically demonstrated on a pool table on the dvd's.

His kick shot dvd is a little dissapointing because he just shows eight or so practice kicks without explaining much in regard to theory or numbered diamond system varations.Dr. Cue's 3 video series on kicking and banking is the very best I've ever seen and Grady Mathews also has some helpful info regarding kicks on his vids.

If I were to buy only one, I'd get the book instead of the dvd's.The dvd's are helpful in showing the boundary shots which are varations of the sweet 16 shots he diagrams in the book. He claims that all shots in pool are a varation of those sweet 16 shots.By memorizing the reference shots your learning curve will grow much, much faster.The dvd's clarify and compliment the book.RJ

ps. I haven't put to practice the drills he wants you to do so I can't fully compliment how helpful they'd be.I imagine you can't do wrong learning them. I'll get to it one day, however, right now I just got to much other stuff to practice. RJ

so much to learn and so little time to practice.