PDA

View Full Version : Dufferin Bankrupt ???

Troy
02-26-2005, 04:31 PM
The owner of the room I manage called a supplier yesterday and was told there was a very limited supply of Dufferin products available because Dufferin went into backruptcy.

Anyone heard this or have any additional info ???

Troy

MrLucky
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Ive heard some recent horror stories about The Cues they make ! so its not too surprising !

Cueless Joey
02-26-2005, 05:17 PM
They've been bought out.
Dufferin lost a lot of money in their pool table adventure. They had to sell their tables to Brunswick who in turn labeled in Metro.

PQQLK9
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
http://www.billiardsplusonline.com/pro%20shop%20main/pro%20shop%20submenus/ZODIAC%201.5.jpg
I bought this Dufferin Zodiac 10 years ago at Walmart for $39.00. Do you think it will become a collectable? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidMorris
02-26-2005, 06:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> Ive heard some recent horror stories about The Cues they make ! so its not too surprising ! <hr /></blockquote>
What horror stories? Maybe things have changed recently, but Dufferin made the best under-$100 cues I've ever seen. I owned two Dufferin Sneaky Pete's about 17 years ago, I'm pretty sure I paid less than $50 for each and they were very nice hitting cues at that price. I've always recommended Dufferin to people who ask about budget cue recommendations.

Unfortunately I don't have them any more. I don't remember what happened to the first, and the last was loaned to a fellow GI over Christmas leave who was killed in a car wreck while at home. I didn't have the hard to file a claim against his estate for a $40 cue, but I wish I had gone out and bought another...

Lanny
02-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I stopped by a Diamond Billiards dealer last weekend and was told they had filed.

Lanny

MrLucky
02-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I posted a Jim Meadows story on inside forums about cues and he mentioned some issues with Dufferins and some others responded about butt issues!

BLACKHEART
02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
I wonder if HUBLER has gone under too? I tryed to call them at the last 2 phone # listed in the Blue Book &amp; their magazine add. NUMBER NO LONGER IN SERVICE, was what I got from the operator...JER

tateuts
02-27-2005, 12:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> I wonder if HUBLER has gone under too? I tryed to call them at the last 2 phone # listed in the Blue Book &amp; their magazine add. NUMBER NO LONGER IN SERVICE, was what I got from the operator...JER <hr /></blockquote>

The number is changed. I just talked to them a few weeks ago - try this number:

(573) 897-2062 (spelling is Huebler)

Paul has answered himself a few times. He made some special order cases for me.

Chris

tateuts
02-27-2005, 12:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> The owner of the room I manage called a supplier yesterday and was told there was a very limited supply of Dufferin products available because Dufferin went into backruptcy.

Anyone heard this or have any additional info ???

Troy
<hr /></blockquote>

Troy,

I had actually heard this over a year ago, I think it was summer of 2003. I was surprised at the time, but I think it was the Canadian equivalent of a re-organization at the time.

Chris