PDA

View Full Version : FDNY Burn Charity TOTAL!!!!

CarolNYC
02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
$9,050.00 raised and donated to the Burn Center! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lots of media,food,fun!
Cameras-it went GREAT!
Thank you everyone! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol~wishing everyone a good-night! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cueball1950
02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey Carol.....glad to hear it was such a success. But then again, anything involving you and your energy has to be a success...keep up the good work...............mike

Stretch
02-26-2005, 09:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> $9,050.00 raised and donated to the Burn Center! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lots of media,food,fun!
Cameras-it went GREAT!
Thank you everyone! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol~wishing everyone a good-night! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm so happy everything went well for the event Toots. I bet you'll sleep good tonight! Your a wonder to behold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

BLACKHEART
02-26-2005, 10:29 PM
CONGRATS TO YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK...JER

GeraldG
02-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Great job, Carol! We need more people like you in the pool world...

Rich R.
02-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Congrats on a great event for a very good cause. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Mike,Jerry,Stretch,Gerald-THANK YOU!
The raffle-drawn by Beau Hopkins and Jonathon Robles (Tony &amp;Allens sons)
Viking cue-donated by Dawn Hopkins
Blackheart cue-donated by Jerry Eick
Winners-two men from Fulton Fish Market

KC Cue-donated by Mike Peabody(Cueball 1950)
Winner-local #3 electrician on my husbands job

McDermott cue-donated by Jennifer Barretta
Winner-Rob Gardyn-A friend of mine who came in and bought ONE ticket!:)

Jeanette Lees poster and cueball autographed-donated by Jeanette Lee!
Winner-Micaela Dames(a friend and previous NEWT regional coordinator)

Karen Corr Autographed Plaque,shirt-donated by Karen Corr
Winner-Fulton Fish Market

Slot machine-donated by "House of Billiards"
Winner-Fulton Fish Market

Allen Hopkins package(Spider training tool,2 hour lessons,video)-donated by Allen Hopkins
Winner-FDNY Firefighter Engine #82

Billiards Workbook-donated by Dr.Diana Sorrentino-
Winner- Paul(loacal gentleman)

Pro-Am-Team Winners-
Kim Shaws team-Joe (who posts as Nostalgia)won one of the FDNY team plaques-good job Joe!

Naz,Naz,Naz, what can I say-you are just one of the sweetest guys I know and quite the handsome fella (you cutey)Thank you SOOO much for coming-I didnt want to let you go! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara-I hate to say this, but people want to know where they can buy "Mrs.Stocks Nuts"start making up some business cards girl,your the NUTZ!

LarryInside pool-THANK YOU! Hope you had fun!

And everyone else who pm'ed with support,sent checks,thank you!

Oh, 50-50 was 650.00-
Winner-Tony T. (he was present with his wife)
And all other items 50.00 and under went off with 50-50 raffle,Tony Ryan extension and a ton of gift certificates!

One of the owners,Joe Beef(who is a 70+ straight pool player), challenged Allen Hopkins a race to 100-Allen shot,ran 86-Joe shot a few balls,missed and Allen won 100-6-something like that-Oh well,when your a straight pool player and you challenge a 6x World Champion, your game better be on /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-27-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rich-I missed you and Cathy,though!
Carol~counting down VF Expo time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
02-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Way to go Carol!! Congrats on the successful event!!

Barbara

Nostalgia
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
My mini-review of the event...

First, thanks to Carol for setting it up. Besides raising a ton of money for a great cause, it gave amateurs a chance we would never have had otherwise - to play pool with some really great pros!

If I had to summarize things in one sentence, it'd be, "Controlled chaos." There were so many people there, and everyone was laughing and having a good time.

We had 5 person teams with one pro on each team. My pro was Kim Shaw, who is an absolute sweetie. At least she was until Carol announced, "Sharking ALLOWED!" Then Kim got this evil look in her eye and proceeded to tease, goad and otherwise shark every opponent we faced. I never laughed so hard; my cheeks were sore from grinning at the end of the event.

Our team: me, Kim, Billy, Ralph and Skip, was a juggernaut. We could not be stopped! Dawn Hopkins tried by introducing herself as, "The person who's going to be beating you in a few minutes." We proved her wrong...

It came down to the finals. Our team vs. Tiffany's team. Tiffany missed a 1-9 combo and left the 9 near the bottom rail, the 1 frozen to the top rail, and the cue ball near the 9. It was Kim's shot. She grins, sticks her tongue out in a charmingly childish expression of concentration, and proceeds to bank the 1 down table, off the long rail, cutting the 9 into the heart of the pocket.

The crowd went absolutely bananas.

The rest of the night was spent eating at the fabulous buffet, chatting with pros and playing pool. We all got to challenge our favorite pro. I got to play against Romana, Tiffany, Kim, Dawn and Tony. Tony showed no mercy, playing me two wicked safeties then running out. I did have the pleasure of running out once on Tiffany and once on Kim /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Whether or not they let me get that first key shot is another question...

Anyway, the event was a resounding success. Everyone had smiles on and the pros were really great. I look forward to doing it again soon!

-Joe

dg-in-centralpa
02-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Congratulations Carol! It sounds as if everyone had a great time. Is this going to be an annual happening?

DG - see you in VF

landshark77
02-27-2005, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> (Tony &amp;Allens sons)
<hr /></blockquote>

Oh...the joke I could make outta this....but I'll be good, LOL. Glad it went well...if it is an annual thing maybe we can make it to the city for the next one. I am VERY sorry that I missed it.

CarolNYC
02-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey Duane,
Well,"We, the people of the United States......" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif-have discussed it and the answer is "YES!"
Only one thing, it will definitely be held in a month of NICER weather-NOT in the winter!
I was thinking, if some of you are interested, we could do a sort of chain reaction-the TV station is editting the tape today-once I get a copy,I will make 4 copies and send one to each of my sponsors-once Jerry and Dr. D get theirs,maybe they can make a copy and send it to whoever,ya know?
Just a thought-this way, everyone can share the so called "controlled Chaos" LMAO -just,please dont laugh when you see me walking around the table ,doing the "two-step" singing "Get back,get back,you dont know me like that"
Oh, the laughter and today I have NO VOICE!
Boy, is my husband HAPPY! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

See ya soon,Duane!
Carol~waiting for the Nor'Easter!AGAIN! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Joe,
It was a pleasure meeting you and I am SO proud of you winning-great,great job!And Im glad you had a good time!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nostalgia
02-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Carol. It was a privelege to meet you and I'm really glad I could help out. I think your energy really kept the whole day exciting /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Joe

SPetty
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I was thinking, if some of you are interested, we could do a sort of chain reaction-the TV station is editting the tape today-once I get a copy,I will make 4 copies and send one to each of my sponsors-once Jerry and Dr. D get theirs,maybe they can make a copy and send it to whoever,ya know?<hr /></blockquote>I'd do almost anything to have a look at that video!

Scott Lee
02-28-2005, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'd do almost anything to have a look at that video! <hr /></blockquote>

Carol...ME TOO! Sure wish I could have been there to do a benefit trick shot show for you! Maybe next year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

nAz
03-02-2005, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Naz,Naz,Naz, what can I say-you are just one of the sweetest guys I know and quite the handsome fella (you cutey)Thank you SOOO much for coming-I didnt want to let you go! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I did not want to let you go either but your old man was starting to get nervous so... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had a great time wish I was feeling better and got there earlier.
BTW the food as well as the cake were terrific! you know I will be there next year for you so let me know when. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Oh yeah you were right,lots of fishes over there lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif