PDA

View Full Version : Did I get Cheated?

SplinterHands
02-27-2005, 06:43 AM
This happened to me last night. I was playing some friendly ring-games of nine ball and one-pocket. We were playing for $1 a game and by the end of the night I was up about $18. As the night winded down, we started shooting some trick shots and talking with the bar girls. Anyway, the guys I was shooting with kind of packed their cues up and left without paying. Should I have said something to them? Send them a bill? Hopefully, these nice pool players will give me an apology or buy me a drink the next time I see them. What do you guys think?

Chris Cass
02-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi SplinterHands,

The ring game? They should have all kicked in an equal share for the table time. I wouldn't have let them get out the door win or lose without paying for their play. That should have been agreed upon before the thing started.

Now, if some got in at different times and you've been changing up people the whole night? Then, when it was time for someone to leave then, you'ld say something like, "you owe this much for time." You should note when the players are coming in when the other guy was replaced.

My boss has a friendly $1. ring game every Fri night at our place. Well, his place. lol Anyway, it's more of a drink a couple beers and when someone wins they, might buy a round. Cheap and noone gets hurt. Anyway, when anyone leaves they all stop at the counter and my boss lets them pay the $5. for the night. Which is really cool. They'll play most of 4 or 5 hrs.

Lets say he wins the majority of the nite. He'll pick up rounds and I've even seen him get someones tab for the nite. It's a 10 ball ring game to boot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as the one pocket game goes. I'd just make that a pay time for the game. Matter of fact. If it was a weekly thing get togather? I'd speak to the boss and see if he'd give the group a group rate or break. I wouldn't see anything wrong with that. Your all drinking or eating and spending money right?

BTW, if you get stuck with the bill because of your huge big win of $18. ? I don't think that was fair at all. I wouldn't have stiffed ya for that. Not like you made a killing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ just my .02

GeraldG
02-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Yep, you got cheated. You are playing with some "nice guys" that don't know the etiquette of playing small-money games. If you are leaving a game and you are not the one that has the table rented, you should ask that person how much you owe for table time before you leave. Normally, if it's my table and I'm up for the night, I'll pick up the table time...but I appreciate it when the other guy offers to help. If I was only up $18 for the night, I'd certainly let him help me pay the table time. If I was up $100 or more, then I'd probably cover it. In bigger money games, at least around here, it's customary for the winner to cover the table time. If you stop by agreement when you're even, you split the table time.

ChuckR
02-27-2005, 09:05 AM
By the nature of some of the questions posted here, you have to wonder if a few aren't fabricated to see what kind of responses they will bring. And many they do bring. ChuckR

Keith Talent
02-27-2005, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> As the night winded down, we started shooting some trick shots and talking with the bar girls. Anyway, the guys I was shooting with kind of packed their cues up and left without paying. Should I have said something to them? Send them a bill? Hopefully, these nice pool players will give me an apology or buy me a drink the next time I see them. What do you guys think? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm wondering if they didn't see that famed 11-rail shot and just stumble out into the street in a daze.

SplinterHands
02-27-2005, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> By the nature of some of the questions posted here, you have to wonder if a few aren't fabricated to see what kind of responses they will bring. And many they do bring. ChuckR <hr /></blockquote>

I can see how you would think that. Especially, with the popular "Did I Cheat" topic that I posted. Actually, this is a true story. One of the guys that I played is a poster on this bulletin board and I'm waiting for him to read it. Maybe it will jog his memory. Ha ha.

Chris Cass
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Your catching on buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You'll see them all after awhile. The good ones to answer are the ones from people you've met in person from the board. Those are the ones that mean more because you can put the name with the person and the questions are pretty much valid. Atleast they'll be ones that you never mind getting into.

Regards,

C.C.~~welcome aboard Chuck /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thepoolnerd
02-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Uhh, yeah, you got cheated. Badly.
Oh, by the way, nice shooting, sucker. Hee hee.

I like to do my good deed of the week as early as possible, so that I can be a pr1ck for the next 6 days, so... I'm giving any monies owed to you to that poor soul (if I remember which soup line he hangs out in) that you robbed last Thursday so your name on the Billiards Digest Board can be forever cleansed of any past wrongdoings.
Secondly, I did pay my table time and my bar tab. Even though it was my birthday celebration, when my bar tab came up and it had two of your Shirley Temples on it, but I paid it without a peep. Thirdly, I needed the money to tip that certain somebody as she captivated the room with her dance atop the bar.
CCB'ers: If you ever play Splinter Hands, don't mark the score with quarters. He'll turn them into pennies so fast that it will make David Blaine's jaw drop.
Any gambling deficit that I incurred in the ring game was due to these two guys putting "The Malachi Crunch" on me and my one pocket losses were due to the fact that I could barely remember what table I was shooting on, let alone which pocket I was shooting at. So I suppose that we can add "Hustling drunks" to his rap sheet here. See ya Tuesday, tough guy!!

MrLucky
02-27-2005, 08:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> This happened to me last night. I was playing some friendly ring-games of nine ball and one-pocket. We were playing for $1 a game and by the end of the night I was up about $18. As the night winded down, we started shooting some trick shots and talking with the bar girls. Anyway, the guys I was shooting with kind of packed their cues up and left without paying. Should I have said something to them? Send them a bill? Hopefully, these nice pool players will give me an apology or buy me a drink the next time I see them. What do you guys think? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple">Perhaps you could write it off as KARMA ! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GeraldG
02-27-2005, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> This happened to me last night. I was playing some friendly ring-games of nine ball and one-pocket. We were playing for $1 a game and by the end of the night I was up about $18. As the night winded down, we started shooting some trick shots and talking with the bar girls. Anyway, the guys I was shooting with kind of packed their cues up and left without paying. Should I have said something to them? Send them a bill? Hopefully, these nice pool players will give me an apology or buy me a drink the next time I see them. What do you guys think? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple">Perhaps you could write it off as KARMA ! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

TAP...TAP....TAP

Chris Cass
02-27-2005, 11:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> Uhh, yeah, you got cheated. Badly.

CCB'ers: If you ever play Splinter Hands, don't mark the score with quarters. He'll turn them into pennies so fast that it will make David Blaine's jaw drop.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Poolnerd,

You kill me brother. I hope they didn't take you for every dime you had. BTW, Happy Birthday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Friends like you have need to be checked at the door. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~you have to tip the girl dancing on the bar. that's mandatory. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman2
02-28-2005, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> This happened to me last night. I was playing some friendly ring-games of nine ball and one-pocket. We were playing for $1 a game and by the end of the night I was up about $18. As the night winded down, we started shooting some trick shots and talking with the bar girls. Anyway, the guys I was shooting with kind of packed their cues up and left without paying. Should I have said something to them? Send them a bill? Hopefully, these nice pool players will give me an apology or buy me a drink the next time I see them. What do you guys think? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Splinterhands,

Respectfully, perhaps you should take up bingo as you sure have a ton of trouble keeping up with your gambling and rules violations. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman

SpiderMan
02-28-2005, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> By the nature of some of the questions posted here, you have to wonder if a few aren't fabricated to see what kind of responses they will bring. And many they do bring. ChuckR <hr /></blockquote>

I can see how you would think that. Especially, with the popular "Did I Cheat" topic that I posted. Actually, this is a true story. One of the guys that I played is a poster on this bulletin board and I'm waiting for him to read it. Maybe it will jog his memory. Ha ha. <hr /></blockquote>

Looks like he saw it, but his memory provided more details:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> Uhh, yeah, you got cheated. Badly.

I like to do my good deed of the week as early as possible, so that I can be a pr1ck for the next 6 days, so... I'm giving any monies owed to you to that poor soul (if I remember which soup line he hangs out in) that you robbed last Thursday so your name on the Billiards Digest Board can be forever cleansed of any past wrongdoings.
Secondly, I did pay my table time and my bar tab. Even though it was my birthday celebration, when my bar tab came up and it had two of your Shirley Temples on it, but I paid it without a peep. Thirdly, I needed the money to tip that certain somebody as she captivated the room with her dance atop the bar.
Any gambling deficit that I incurred in the ring game was due to these two guys putting "The Malachi Crunch" on me and my one pocket losses were due to the fact that I could barely remember what table I was shooting on, let alone which pocket I was shooting at. So I suppose that we can add "Hustling drunks" to his rap sheet here. See ya Tuesday, tough guy!! <hr /></blockquote>

You guys really good friends?

SpiderMan

SplinterHands
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey Poolnerd,
I see you updated your profile to include a picture of you at last years Halloween party. Is that your racking cape you're wearing? Up, Up, and Away!!

SplinterHands
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
<hr /></blockquote>
C.C.~~you have to tip the girl dancing on the bar. that's mandatory. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey CC,
The girl dancing on the bar was my wife. 3 martinis and Prince playing in the background will do that to her. All tips go to me...Make that Quarters, please.

thepoolnerd
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Very funny. Go ahead and laugh, I've heard it all before. I play pool, I'm not some pretentious runway model. I have more break and run patches sewn into that cape than you'll ever have.