PDA

View Full Version : More great one-liners

05-31-2002, 09:43 AM
Saw this string a few days ago...

McGoorty was once handed a finely made cue by its proud new owner and asked his opinion. "Dead-pan Dan" as he was called calmly looked at the gentleman and said "Does the Better Business Bureau know about this?!"

---------

Had my 5 year old at the local pool hall the other day (no alcohol no smoking room). As we were leaving he was wanting to shoot a few balls so a buddy of mine volunteered to play him. I racked up some nine and they played. My boy by sheer luck made 3 shots in a row. At that point another friend of mine went up and whispered something in my boy's ear. To all of our dismay my boy looked at his opponent with an Eastwood like squint and said... "Its like a nightmare isn't it? Just keeps getting worse and worse......" Ok so maybe its not that funny in the telling, but those of us that were there laughed for a good fifteen minutes...

Rich R.
05-31-2002, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Shoop:</font><hr> Had my 5 year old at the local pool hall the other day (no alcohol no smoking room). As we were leaving he was wanting to shoot a few balls so a buddy of mine volunteered to play him. I racked up some nine and they played. My boy by sheer luck made 3 shots in a row. At that point another friend of mine went up and whispered something in my boy's ear. To all of our dismay my boy looked at his opponent with an Eastwood like squint and said... "Its like a nightmare isn't it? Just keeps getting worse and worse......" Ok so maybe its not that funny in the telling, but those of us that were there laughed for a good fifteen minutes... <hr></blockquote>
Shoop, I would have been rolling on the floor laughing.
Rich R.~~~not a pretty site.

JimS
05-31-2002, 10:33 AM
Ya gotta love it! Thanks Shoop!