PDA

View Full Version : Cell Ph Voice Dial Help? Motorolla

Sid_Vicious
02-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Just got A Motorolla V300 which has voice dialing, but the book does not tell you how to program those numbers for that function. Anybody here know the procedure? My old Samsung was clear on this but all the Motorolla manual does is tell you how to make a dial, not how to program the numbers for voice dial. How's that done???sid

DavidMorris
02-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, I'm not familiar with the V300 but I'm assuming it works the same as the V60, T720, and V400, all of which I've owned and used the voice dialing feature on.

There should be a button on the right side of the phone as you're looking at the keypad. That's the voice dial button. Go into your phonebook and edit an entry that you want to voice-dial. There should be a field called "Voice Name:" or something similar. Edit that field and you will be asked to press the voice-dial button and say the name you want it to recognize. You do this twice to train it to your voice. Once training is complete you just press that button and say the name. All of this is described in the manuals for all of my Motorola phones that had this feature, are you sure you didn't just overlook it?

PQQLK9
02-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey Sid ,the on-line user manuals are usually more comprehensive than the enclosed ones. This link refers to the user manual but i'll be damm if I can find it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://cellphones.about.com/od/motorola/a/prmot_v300m.htm

DavidMorris
02-27-2005, 11:19 AM
I just downloaded the V300 manual from Motorola's site. Look on page 50. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Pleaqse cut and paste that page and send me a PM. I get junk when I try to download that manual.

DavidMorris
02-27-2005, 09:45 PM
You need Acrobat Reader to view the online manual, it's a PDF copy of the paper manual, which means your manual should be identical. Here's a cut & paste from page 50 of the PDF, it's in the Learning To Use Your Phone chapter under Using The Phonebook.

[ QUOTE ]
Using the Phonebook

This section brief describes basic phonebook operations.
For more information about using the phonebook, see
page 73 and the More Here guide.

Storing a Phone Number

Enter a phone number in the home screen, then press
STORE (+) to create a phonebook entry with that number.
Fill in the other fields to complete the entry.
Select MORE to store another number (for example, a work
number) under the same Name.

Recording a Voice Name

When creating a phonebook entry, scroll to Voice Name and
press RECORD (+). Press and release the voice key and
say the entry’s name (within 2 seconds). When prompted,
press and release the voice key and repeat the name.
Press DONE (-) to store the voice name.

Note: This option is not available for entries stored on the
SIM card.<hr /></blockquote>