PDA

View Full Version : CCB friend advances to National Tournament

ryushen21
02-27-2005, 11:14 PM
For those of you who have attended the last few PettyPoint get togethers, you have met my good friend, and excellent pool player from Japan, Shin. At the ACUI (Association of College Unions International) Region 12 tournament he placed second and was told that he would be an alternate for nationals.

Just this week we were informed from the national committee that due to such low interest in billiards this year, he will be allowed to go to nationals! Shin is a great guy and a murderous pool player and i thought that you guys who have met and played with him would be interested to know this.

CarolNYC
02-28-2005, 03:13 AM
Hey,
I've never met him ,but, tell him I said CONGRATULATIONS-thats awesome!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deeman2
02-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Ryushen21:

My congratulations to Shin. Yes, he ia a fine pool player as well as a nice guy. I enjoyed playing with you both and am thrilled he has had such success. All our best to him.

I hope he can make it to the next PettyPoint gathering as we always enjoy playing with him.

Go SHIN!!!

Deeman

ryushen21
02-28-2005, 07:09 AM
I'll have to see when he gets back into town. But i think that he and I both may try to slip out to PettyPoint for the next get together. It'll cut my plans for being at the Expo a little short but i just can't say no to a PettyPoint get together.

Oh, and i kind of forgot to mention that if he places 3rd or better, i believe, at Nationals, he gets scholarship money for school. I always thought the idea of a billiards scholarship was awesome!

SPetty
02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Oh, and i kind of forgot to mention that if he places 3rd or better, i believe, at Nationals, he gets scholarship money for school. I always thought the idea of a billiards scholarship was awesome! <hr /></blockquote>Well that is awesome! Send my congrats and Good Luck wishes to Shin, only say them in Spanish, 'kay?

I can't believe you're considering skipping out early from Valley Forge just to slip out to PettyPoint, but I'd surely like to see you again!

Here's a pic of Shin from last September, on the left:
http://www.pettypoint.com/poolhall/091804/pic12.jpg

Scott Lee
02-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Matt...Please extend my best wishes to Shin, for success at the ACUI nationals in Michigan this summer! I'm not positive, but I believe that the BCA has discontinued the scholarship program. They quit doing it for the juniors, but I think they quit for the college players too. Pretty sad, if you ask me...either way.

Scott

UTAddb
02-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Sweet, tell Shintaro congratulations and good luck for me. They're combining the ACUI nationals with junior nationals this year so maybe I'll see him there.

ryushen21
02-28-2005, 05:57 PM
SPetty,

What did i tell in the other post. I can't stand to miss out on a PettyPoint get together. They are just too much fun. besides, costs at the expo are high and i can get way more at PettyPoint than at any Expo.

Scott: I definitely will do that. Shin and I both want to know when you will be back in Texas as we are both interested in lessons from you. Shin has given me kind of a new goal to shoot for in my game and i think that i may finally be getting the hang of this whole "stroke" thing.

Dustin: Will do. I know Shin wouldn't mind seeing you up there. Although he would probably have to whoop up on you a bit. And then play you on the table.