PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

jjinfla
02-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Compliments go out to ESPN for putting out a great four hours of pool.

It sure is nice to watch the final four matches of a tournament in sequence.

Jake

cueball1950
02-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I agree, but i have to watch part of it over again just to hear what Ralf Souquets comment was about Corey. did i hear it right. I could swear that he said corey gave him some trouble during a couple of their matches and did i hear him call corey a bad name......... mike

UTAddb
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I was going to make a post about this, here are my thoughts:
1. I thought the '3 balls past mid table on the break' rule was ridiculous.
2. What was up with kid delicious' wacky faces?
3. gabe v. efren, when gabe was getting 3 fouled could he not see the 6? Surely he at least could have spun it in
4. I love mitch's comment about a beautiful rack over the balls every game as the guest racker leans over
5. the whole thing was great to watch and exciting

Deeman2
03-01-2005, 12:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I agree, but i have to watch part of it over again just to hear what Ralf Souquets comment was about Corey. did i hear it right. I could swear that he said corey gave him some trouble during a couple of their matches and did i hear him call corey a bad name......... mike <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Yes, you did. That name is not as bad an insult in Germany as here as they have a whole lot of them there. </font color>

Deeman

ChuckR
03-01-2005, 07:06 AM
Now if we could just get some commentators that have the ability to give us some of the thought behind various shots and what strategy is being used or should be used, we would be in for some great entertainment. ChuckR

LARRY_BOY
03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Thank you ESPN.......

JohnnyP
03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
I spied a couple of local players in the audience. Ramin and his girlfriend Camie are regulars at Danny K's. I heard that Danny K entered and finished 18th.

Ramin is a top amatuer player, and if he holds up under pressure, I don't see why he couldn't do well in a pro event.

I'll have to ask him what's holding him back.

SPetty
03-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Jake, thanks so much for the heads up on this pool on TV. I would have missed it if you hadn't posted.

I thought it was great. I kinda liked the interview snippets (at least the first time I saw them). Corey, um, I mean Cory, saying playing Danny is like "watching a turtle" was hilarious!

I also hope that BcTV idiot saw Danny on TV and saw what a mistake it was to exclude him based on his size. He looked quite TV-friendly to me!

Rich R.
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I also hope that BcTV idiot saw Danny on TV and saw what a mistake it was to exclude him based on his size. He looked quite TV-friendly to me!
<hr /></blockquote>
Tap, Tap, Tap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ability is what is important.

jjinfla
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
When I saw Danny run around the table I was thinking they should change his name to "twinkle toes". He sure looked light on his feet.

Jake

Rackin_Zack
03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Just because we're fat doesn't mean we can't move! Watch any football game and pay attention to the linemen and tell me that some of us fat guys can't move...lol.

DebraLiStarr
03-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I had never seen Danny Basavich play before. I found him very entertaining, and he made the entire 4 hours well worth watching. I thought the Efren Reyes/Gabe Owens match was horrible. The final match was great! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SplinterHands
03-01-2005, 05:25 PM
I like the way they made references to the players gambling experiences. The slogan "Poker and Pool are Cool" was used feeding off the success of Texas Hold Em'. And finally we don't have to watch Steve Tipton racking the balls. Way to go UPA/ESPN! I think Souquet called Corey and A$$hole.

christopheradams
03-02-2005, 03:35 AM
I loved all the matches. And agree, the comment about Danny Basavich "its like watching a turtle" was hilarious /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Looks like he was able to speed up his play pretty good for the tv shot clock though.
What do you think about Danny's break stroke. Weird how he kinda waggles his arm like that. Its the first time I saw Danny in action too and was also very entertained as the other poster mentioned.
I do wish the commentators would have been more involved in the strategy of the game more. I like Allen Hopkins much better than Jim W. Jims not bad but when you got one commentator who was orginally on the 90210 tv show cast "david silver's father" you gotta have someone knowledgeable about the game strategy there as well and like how Allen calls the game.