PDA

View Full Version : cloth in the washer?

SPetty
03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Has anyone ever put a pool table cloth (felt) through a normal washing machine cycle? What happens?

I'm actually looking for a tablecloth for a 2X4 table, and am currently using a plastic "cloth". Well, it'll wipe up if you find a spill early on, but once it's dried, it's not really easy to clean. I've used a cloth tablecloth before, and they're good at soaking up spills, and then just throw them in the washing machine and they come out clean (or maybe stained a little...).

So I was thinking that some used pool table cloth (felt) run through the washing machine might end up being a nifty table cloth.

Any experience with that?

BLACKHEART
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
My wife took a dirty old piece from a 7' table, washed it in cold water. Then we stretched it & hung it on the line to dry. Overlapped it, sewed long pouches in it to make a rollup, to carry 10 cues in. It worked beautifully...JER

Troy
03-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Just a thought ---
Good pool table cloth is wool, actually, a wool blend.
Two of these three will turn wool into felt -
1. Water
2. Heat
3. Agitation
Use cold water and be very gentle.

Troy

Vagabond
03-02-2005, 05:05 AM
No,I have not.But once I cleaned my suede(spelling?) shoes with Azax and then put them in the washing machine in regular cycle.Dirty spot was gone.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif