PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack's Newsletter

DebraLiStarr
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
David Sapolis has written a great article about his battle against Parkinson's Disease. David is such a great guy and has been extremely generous with his knowledge to all of us. He's had a really rough time over the past year or so but he is very clear about the fact that he is not giving up. I spoke with David earlier this evening and he was talking about plans of showing up at the US Open - to play! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Here is the link:
BlackJack's Newsletter - Parkinson's Battle (http://www.geocities.com/theblackjacktable_nl/Feb_2005_Shaking_It_Off.html)

Cueless Joey
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Wow! And I complain because my right middle finger is not that healthy even after a surgery.
Good luck David. I wish I have half of your courage.

Rich R.
03-02-2005, 03:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I spoke with David earlier this evening and he was talking about plans of showing up at the US Open - to play! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif<hr /></blockquote>
Tell David that the CCB cheering section will be there to support him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
03-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the post, David is an inspiration and may God bless him.
I read your home page some time ago and you are also inspirational.

Chris Cass
03-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Hi Debra,

David is a champion in so many ways and I feel good about my problems after seeing what this man has had to endure. I also want to thank him for mentioning my name in his news letter. My prayers go out to him and who know's? I might even be there to see him play too. With God on our side and the CCB family to pray for us we, got it half way in the bag.

Regards,

C.C.

MrLucky
03-02-2005, 08:45 AM
I have talked with BlackJack a few times about his mentoring by my uncle who started him on his path, I never realized till today how much he has been through! This was a heart breaking yet inspirational read and disclosure by him of his prsonal side of life! One that should make all of us be aware of how trivial the obstacles are that are thrust in our individual paths in relation to so many others trials in life! Thanks David for sharing your story. Peace! PC

bluey2king
03-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I have also enjoyed David's articles. GO BlackJack!!
Our love and prayers are with him!

FastJoey
03-02-2005, 09:39 PM
he has a great site..very nice guy to share with everyone

Vagabond
03-03-2005, 05:11 AM
It is a tear jerker.I wish him for full recovery.
Vagabond

ChuckR
03-03-2005, 07:39 AM
I read this and get really frustrated at how so many people constantly complain about "their Problem" when heroes like this man get on with life when confronted by seemingly unsurmountable obstacles. What a lesson there is here for all of us to quit the whining and start living. ChuckR

Barbara
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks for posting this, Debra. Dave has has always freely shared his knowledge with us and it has been appreciated. It's a shame that someone so lovable and caring has to suffer like this.

Barbara

Eric.
03-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I found Dave's story to be interesting. He seems like a genuine person, I wish him luck.

FWIW Dave, I think I know your uncle Joe Gentile (from Woodbridge/Port Reading area?). Feel free to PM me.

Eric