PDA

View Full Version : One-Pocket Players

cheese_ball
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Hello again!

I'm looking for Chicago One-Pocket Players, are you out there? I am fairly new to the game (of one-pocket that is), but after my first 8 and out last week, my pool spirit has been revived! I'm looking for some players closer to my level (the guys teaching me the game repeatedly kick my ass!!!) in the area... Anyone want to get out and shoot???

Deeman2
03-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Cheese_ball,

Chicago is the one place outside Kentucky that you'll never want for one pocket players. You lucky bastard...

Deeman
just shout, "I'm learning one pocket" they will find you...

crawdaddio
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Keep on playin the ones that kick your arse..........you'll get better faster, if you pay attention.

~DC

cheese_ball
03-02-2005, 03:29 PM
crawdaddio,

I agree with you! I am definately learning at a very rapid pace.... Mamma always told me I was a quick learner. I've only been playing one-pocket for 6 months, and I had my first 8 and out just last week... It makes me wonder if I had a chance to play against people my own speed how I'd stack up... I can't seem to meet any new one-pocket players... is this game a dying art???

crawdaddio
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this game a dying art??? <hr /></blockquote>

Hardly. If you look at the the DCC for example, many, many young players are excelling at the game. I'm probably somewhere around your speed, if you ever make it down to the Champaign/Urbana area, lemme know. We can play all you want for free, free table time too. I loves me some one pocket!!(straight pool too)

~DC

NH_Steve
03-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Chris's Billiards has always been one of the top One Pocket rooms in the country. I believe the same owner now has a couple of other rooms as well. Red Shoes is another.
I don't know what part of Chicago you're around of course.

LARRY_BOY
03-03-2005, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheese_ball:</font><hr> Hello again!

I'm looking for Chicago One-Pocket Players, are you out there? I am fairly new to the game (of one-pocket that is), but after my first 8 and out last week, my pool spirit has been revived! I'm looking for some players closer to my level (the guys teaching me the game repeatedly kick my ass!!!) in the area... Anyone want to get out and shoot??? <hr /></blockquote>

To bad you live way over in Shytown. I would let you beat me any time in one pocket........how much were we playing for again?