PDA

View Full Version : Canadian 8 Ball?????

Deeman2
03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Last night, at my wife's league play, a fellow team memebr, a Canadian, told her that they play 8 ball differently in Canada and rack the fifteen in the center (8ball spot). I have played snooker and nine ball in Canada but never noticed anyone playing 8 ball. It would seem she is saying they are playing 8 ball, 9 to 6! Please let me know as I told my wife I thought the woman was nuts. She did say it was French Canadian thing! Aay.. I know they count their money differently....

Deeman

MarkUrsel
03-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Ummm...no. 8 in the center, standard BCA or VNEA rules, 9 ball goes from 1 to 9 and snooker uses the regulation set of balls too. However, the money is more colorful, the weather is colder and the beer is much better.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-- Mark

Stretch
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Last night, at my wife's league play, a fellow team memebr, a Canadian, told her that they play 8 ball differently in Canada and rack the fifteen in the center (8ball spot). I have played snooker and nine ball in Canada but never noticed anyone playing 8 ball. It would seem she is saying they are playing 8 ball, 9 to 6! Please let me know as I told my wife I thought the woman was nuts. She did say it was French Canadian thing! Aay.. I know they count their money differently....

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Dee. I think she was pulling your wifes leg. I've played pool in Ont. and out East for around 30 years and i aint NEVER heared uh 15 ball in the middle 8 ball. You know how these woman talk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.

kyle
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
The only difference is the beer.

Deeman2
03-03-2005, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> I've played pool in Ont. and out East for around 30 years and i aint NEVER heared uh 15 ball in the middle 8 ball. You know how these woman talk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Stretch &amp; everyone else:

Thanks, It didn't sound right to me but I'll just let it slide as I think the lady was just assumeing no one else had ever been to Canada. She'a a nice lady but I guess prone to saying wierd stuff (like i can talk!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Anyway, thanks for setting me straight.

Deeman</font color>

MrLucky
03-03-2005, 09:24 AM
<font color="green"> Hell it seems like if that were true it would defeat the whole premise of "8" Ball !/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Similar to some of the folks that post, she probably likes to sound like she knows all! but hopes her listeners don't! LOL!</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif