PDA

View Full Version : Long threads

heater451
05-31-2002, 11:35 AM
I think Whitewolf's "Throwing the Object Ball" thread is gaining ground on the older, "13-yr old playing for money" thread (or, whatever it was. . . .).

Now, does anyone have any thoughts on whether a 13-yr old should throw the object ball for cash?

(You know, the whole "Throwing the object ball" thing is starting to make me want to go into the backyard and build a Trebuchet, anyone know where I can find some plans?)

05-31-2002, 12:00 PM
you should have watched junkyard wars last year the made a trebuchet and a catapult pretty amazing what you can make out of an old honda civic :O)

05-31-2002, 12:11 PM
Trebuchet plans: http://andy.trebuchet.com/index2.htm

I have to agree completely. I'm no Mensa reject, but when people with Engineering degrees start talking pool... Well lets just say the conversation becomes kinda like masturbating with a cheese grater - slightly amusing, but mostly painful.

Vapros
05-31-2002, 12:42 PM
After the countless contributions, I have reached the conclusion that if one hits the object ball on the right side it is likely to go toward the left. That's the only thing that hasn't been disputed. Just how much to the left it will go has not yet been determined. Leave it at that.

Fred Agnir
05-31-2002, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Shoop:</font><hr> I'm no Mensa reject, but when people with Engineering degrees start talking pool... Well lets just say the conversation becomes kinda like masturbating with a cheese grater - slightly amusing, but mostly painful. <hr></blockquote>
I know what you mean. Errr.. I mean... I have no idea how that feels. Or something like that.

Hope that helped.

Fred &lt;~~~ feeling grated

stickman
05-31-2002, 12:56 PM
I've decided to give up side spin or english. According to our collective intelligence, there's no telling what might happen afterwards. LMAO /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

MikeM
05-31-2002, 01:10 PM
The real question is, is a thirteen year old girl or a thirteen year old boy better at throwing object balls for cash and how do we make a thirteen year who throws object balls for cash flourish and overcome pool's biggest enemies?
And what does Earl Strickland think about it?

MM...pondering life's great questions

SPetty
05-31-2002, 02:30 PM
Here's another site with fun pictures:

http://home.att.net/~r.c.henrickson/trebuchet.html

PoolFan
05-31-2002, 02:32 PM
You have summed up useless threads very well in your post.

Good job!!

MikeM
05-31-2002, 02:35 PM
Thank you. I was actually trying to show my talent at useless replies. Maybe this one works better.

MM...time to go home, I'm not being very productive here at work.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2002, 03:44 PM
Heater's been at the keyboard tooooooo long..

Any thread that perpetuates more replies and then goes off topic, and actually starts looking like a chat room, is going to be considered a LONG thread. CCB seems to relish this type of communications. Its easy enough to see it coming and difficult to NOT read the replies.. just out of curiosity.. and then you find yourself adding comments and joing in the discussion.. and rambling and DAMN.. this keyboard..

bigalerickson
05-31-2002, 04:39 PM
I just wanted to note that this was the first post to get me to literally laugh out loud.

bigalerickson
05-31-2002, 04:39 PM
I just wanted to note that this was the first post to get me to literally laugh out loud.

05-31-2002, 05:45 PM
Twice, it would seem!! :-) The catapult thing was rerun on Junkyard wars April 16. Never mind why I remember the date, I remember the episode because it was the first time I ever saw the show. Been a big time addict ever since!

cheesemouse
05-31-2002, 08:19 PM
Whew!!!!!!!! I was wondering when you guys would come to your senses. This is my first reply on this thread but I must admit it had me in stitches the wholeeeeeeeeee way thru. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif