PDA

View Full Version : Player in Town

SplinterHands
03-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Every now and then a good player will come through town. The last good one was Danny Green a couple years ago. Now there is a guy named Gary Abood who shoots really good. Anybody know of him? He's been tearing up the tournaments and putting a crimp in the local pros income. Playing in weekly tournaments with Abood, Howard Vickery, Tony Mougey and Hunter Lombardo is tough going. On the other hand, you sure do learn a lot.

MrLucky
03-03-2005, 07:21 AM
That's the best way to learn! As long as you watch and take a lot of notes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM
03-03-2005, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> Every now and then a good player will come through town. The last good one was Danny Green a couple years ago. <hr /></blockquote>

Danny still plays GREAT, and he's probably one of the BEST jump-ball mechanics I've ever seen. I saw him get out of a safety play by jumping a ball using two mechanical bridges, and he pocketed the ball successfully.

Danny Green created the Planet Pool 9-Ball Tour and conducted tournaments around my region from its inception single handedly. The tour has since grown to a very successful tour in the Metropolitan D.C. Area, thanks to Danny's hard work and dedication from the start.

Another little Danny Green factoid, he was mentioned in "Playing Off the Rail" when the main character of the book came to Maryland and played Danny!

He's a nice kid, and he's still got game!

RailbirdJAM

SplinterHands
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey RailbirdJAM,
That is interesting that you mentioned his jumping abilities. When he was in town he showed me a behind-the-back jump shot. Pretty cool. For a right handed player it would be from here.
START(
%Bk0Z7%Iq7Z7%Pe7Z6

)END

tateuts
03-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Where are you located? I've heard Abood is a pretty strong shortstop (action player) and he was out here, Southern California a lot. I may be mistaking but isn't he from Louisiana?

Chris

SplinterHands
03-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm in Ohio and yes he's from Louisianna. I think he did spend some time in California. Someone told me last night that he took off for New Hampshire. Very strong player.

PoolPlayer
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Abood spent some time in Shreveport Louisiana. When he was there, I was told that he was from New Hampshire.

I saw him give a pretty strong shortstop the last five, and run over him. He could have been giving up the last nine and still won!