PDA

View Full Version : Bushwhacker

ChuckR
03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
I was just wondering if anyone out there would know where Gary Nolan,aka Bushwhacker, might be these days. Gary is a professional player that won the McDermott Masters back in the 80's and then kind of disappeared from the scene. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where I might find him. Thanks.
ChuckR

RailbirdJAM
03-03-2005, 09:56 AM
The first time I had ever heard of The Bushwhacker (Gary Nolan) was when I received a so-called "X-rated" Accu-Stats tape between Keith McCready and he at a tournament. Keith and Gary were battling it out to the finish, with Keith's backer at that time participating as one of the commentators. It was quite funny, seeing Keith struggle in the pit as his backer was saying, "If Keith doesn't win this match, I'm changing the locks on the hotel door." /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Keith and Gary were not aware of the commentating going on at the time, but it was quite funny. It is X-rated because of the soft profanity used during the commentating, not that Gary and Keith were playing naked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last year at the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge, I was sitting in the pit at the "action table," and up walks Gary Nolan. Keith and he enjoyed reminiscing about the good old days. I think he runs a pool room somewhere in Pennsylvania. Most likely, he'll be at this year's Super Billiards Expo, too, which is right around the corner, March 17th through 20th!

RailbirdJAM

ChuckR
03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks, I knew he had to be around the pool scene somewhere. It's in his blood like the rest of us. ChuckR

Chris Cass
03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi RailbirdJam,

I wish you could post a pick of the Bushwacker. I think I know I had to run across him back in the old days. BTW, my best to Keith.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stedyfred
03-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Gary should be at Ernie Lorelli's pool hall in Indiana, Pa. Stedy

tookalooka
03-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Gary is now dealing cues...

Tooka