PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Pool. 2 Thumbs up.

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 04:53 AM
I read all the posts about Celebrity Pool and disagree with many of them. I thought it was very entertaining and well done. It shows how tough the game actually is. These are not pro players, they are hollywood celebs who don't play pool 4 hours a day. And Joe Rogan was a good player, he could draw, play position and made some great shots. Tom Green was very funny and as usual and didn't shoot too bad at times. I think the show will do good. I would like to see more experienced celebs like Joe on there.
I like the 9ball and then 8ball. How often do we get to see 8ball on cable tv!
And how often can you hear "not on the rail you bitch", joe rogan. in a pool match.
Great job by the Black widow too. Hope she continues giving more in depth instructional segments in the future.

MrLucky
03-04-2005, 05:34 AM
As usual I agree with ya! this type of show is needed in order to get more folks interested in the game IMHO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pizza Bob
03-04-2005, 06:26 AM
I have to agree with you. In reading the OTHER thread about the show, it seems that most missed the point of what this show is about and what it can do for pool in general. How insular have we become when we can judge pool shows only from the perspective of a player and anything that falls outside that realm is criticized to oblivion? The show was for ENTERTAINMENT.

Just as a pool room can't survive on the income generated by the "players" and railbirds, a show like this won't survive by appealing just to those same players. The rooms need the ball-bangers and casual players and the show needs a wide demographic to succeed. This can only help pool, especially in light of every pro player's and tour's search for corporate sponsorship. This has broad appeal to many people who normally wouldn't give pool a second look. It puts it in the public eye, and regardless of what we players think, as to how it's being presented, in the general public's eye it is probably better than their pre-conceived notions of the game.

It's fun folks - not pool as we know it, but fun. I think only positive things for our sport can come from it and I hope it succeeds.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PQQLK9
03-04-2005, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> I have to agree with you. In reading the OTHER thread about the show, it seems that most missed the point of what this show is about and what it can do for pool in general. How insular have we become when we can judge pool shows only from the perspective of a player and anything that falls outside that realm is criticized to oblivion? The show was for ENTERTAINMENT. Pizza Bob<hr /></blockquote>

I think some folks are just miserable ol'farts /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 07:15 AM
"I think some folks are just miserable ol'farts

Nick "

Yes I agree, and the demographic reach for the show isn't the ol'fart category of people /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

DebraLiStarr
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I still think it sucked - and I'm right! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrLucky
03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Well thats a woman for ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

datplayer
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
This show is more about the "celebrities" than it is about pool. Same with the Celebrity Poker, Celebrity Blackjack,... some people like to watch these stars.

Also, I can't imagine how they can go out and fine quality players that are celebrities. How can they do this, have a tryout? A tournament? Oh I'm sorry Mr. Cruise, you weren't able to run out the rack, you can't be on our Celebrity Pool show.

C'mon people, it is what it is. If you want to watch quality pool, buy a ticket to Derby City.