PDA

View Full Version : David Silver's Father - Mitch Laurence

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Am I the only one who knows the ESPN commentator Mitch laurence is the guy who played David Silver's father in old tv show "90210". For some reason I never made the connection when I seen him on TV but when I seen him live at the challenge of champions at the Mohegan sun, I made the connection.

PQQLK9
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
he is an actor, used to be on "one life to live" also ...

Rich R.
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Am I the only one who knows the ESPN commentator Mitch laurence is the guy who played David Silver's father in old tv show "90210". For some reason I never made the connection when I seen him on TV but when I seen him live at the challenge of champions at the Mohegan sun, I made the connection. <hr /></blockquote>
You may be the only one that doesn't know Mitch has done a lot of acting TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

LARRY_BOY
03-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Isn't Mitch married to the "Striking Viking"? lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Isn't Mitch married to the "Striking Viking"? lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Yes he is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 07:47 AM
"You may be the only one that doesn't know Mitch has done a lot of acting TV."

Rich R.
I knew he did other tv acting after I realized he was the one on 90210. Wasn't he in a popular movie like eddie cruisers or something like that and a few other movies?

Rich R.
03-04-2005, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I knew he did other tv acting after I realized he was the one on 90210. Wasn't he in a popular movie like eddie cruisers or something like that and a few other movies? <hr /></blockquote>
I am in know way an expert on all of Mitch's TV and movie rolls. I just know that his face pops up from time to time, on a number of different shows.

ChuckR
03-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Based on him commentary on pool, he thinks he is still on the "soaps".

Scott Lee
03-04-2005, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> "You may be the only one that doesn't know Mitch has done a lot of acting TV."

Rich R.
I knew he did other tv acting after I realized he was the one on 90210. Wasn't he in a popular movie like eddie cruisers or something like that and a few other movies? <hr /></blockquote>

Mitch Lawrence has a recurring role on the popular WB series, "Dawson's Creek". That is the tv role he is most known for.

Scott Lee

Barbara
03-04-2005, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I knew he did other tv acting after I realized he was the one on 90210. Wasn't he in a popular movie like eddie cruisers or something like that and a few other movies? <hr /></blockquote>

He played a gay neighbor of Demi Moore in "St. Elmo's Fire". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

SPetty
03-04-2005, 09:40 AM
According to imdb, that was Matthew Laurence, Mitch's twin brother. Also according to imdb, it was Matthew that played in St. Elmo's Fire as well.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Wasn't he in a popular movie like eddie cruisers or something like that and a few other movies? <hr /></blockquote>

Mitch's brother Laurence played nand member "Sal" in Eddie and the Cruisers.

Mitch was also on a comedy show on HBO back in the 80's called "Not Necessarily the News" (IIRC)

bsmutz
03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I resent the statement that 90210 is an "old" show. "The Untouchables", "Leave it to Beaver", "Perry Mason" or even "Gilligan's Island" may qualify as an old show but certainly not something as recent as 90210. (Otherwise I may be misconstrued as old by association.)

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> According to imdb, that was Matthew Laurence, Mitch's twin brother. Also according to imdb, it was Matthew that played in St. Elmo's Fire as well.
<hr /></blockquote>

That make sense. Thanks for the info. I would have continued to beleive that was him. Amazing how closely their voices are and how exactly they look alike.