PDA

View Full Version : Smoking bans don't matter if they are not enforced

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Connecticut has a smoking ban and has had one for a while but it doesn't do much good if its not enforced by anyone. When I play pool in bars and pool halls there is still smoke everywhere. There are always loop holes around the law, The bars set one corner of the room which as nothing in it as "no smoking" section and then they get away with being "smoke free". Its a joke. I just try to limit my exposure to the smoke. I also wear special "smoking jacket" so my regular jacket doesn't reak of the smoke smell.

MrLucky
03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Once again we are on the same page I wear contacts and the smoke besides invading my lungs /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif also screws up my vision and most smokers are oblivious to how obnoxious it is for them to be blowing their noxious recycled gases into others faces! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Here in Atlanta They are talking about a total ban on smoking in all public places !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
03-04-2005, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> Once again we are on the same page I wear contacts and the smoke besides invading my lungs /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif also screws up my vision and most smokers are oblivious to how obnoxious it is for them to be blowing their noxious recycled gases into others faces! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Here in Atlanta They are talking about a total ban on smoking in all public places !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If they knew better, they would probably do better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Troy
03-04-2005, 08:55 AM
California passed a smoking ban by referendum in 1994 and it was fully implemented in 1998. Those years were so business and the public had time to adjust.

Now nobody even notices. Business has been back to normal for years and smokers just go outside.

Troy

ChuckR
03-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Having a non-smoking section in the pool hall is like having a non-peeing area in the swimming pool!!!!!

SplinterHands
03-04-2005, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> Having a non-smoking section in the pool hall is like having a non-peeing area in the swimming pool!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Funny! Where I live they passed the smoking ban in the city, but not the suburbs. Obviously the bars/restaurants are suffering in the city. What needs to be done is make it a nationwide ban and be done with it. That way, there won't be any crossing state lines or going to the bar across the street. I'm trying to train for a half-marathon in April and hanging out in smokey pool halls doesn't help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PQQLK9
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> I'm trying to train for a half-marathon in April and hanging out in smokey pool halls doesn't help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Now ain't that the truth. Good luck in your training ... I also have been beating the pavement everyday.

BoroNut
03-04-2005, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr>Here in Atlanta They are talking about a total ban on smoking in all public places !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It's a con. I've been to Atlanta. No way can you describe it as a public place. I still remember that scene in Gone With the Wind where the yankees are running around causing millions of dollars worth of untold civic improvements.

Boro Nut

christopheradams
03-04-2005, 11:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> Having a non-smoking section in the pool hall is like having a non-peeing area in the swimming pool!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Only urine is sterile and does not harm. Smoke kills and is disgusting, yet more people are repulsed by the peeing in the pool. Go figure.

BoroNut
03-05-2005, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr>

Only urine is sterile and does not harm. Smoke kills and is disgusting, yet more people are repulsed by the peeing in the pool. Go figure. <hr /></blockquote>

Well not really. I'd rather someone smoked in the pool than peed in my mouth.

Boro Nut

MrLucky
03-05-2005, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr>

Only urine is sterile and does not harm. Smoke kills and is disgusting, yet more people are repulsed by the peeing in the pool. Go figure. <hr /></blockquote>

Well not really. I'd rather someone smoked in the pool than peed in my mouth.

Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> Best keep your mouth shut in the pool! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thepoolnerd
03-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Same situation here. Apparently the fine for violating the smoking ban here costs the owners less than losing customers. I am a runner also and had to almost quit pool to maintain a training schedule.

bigshooter
03-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Turn them in to the appropriate state agency and encourage all your non smoking friends to do the same.
If they get enough complaints they will begin to enforce it.