PDA

View Full Version : Cool Nasa Software...

nAz
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I have been messing with this one for a few weeks now its pretty good check it out...

World Wind lets you zoom from satellite altitude into any place on Earth. Leveraging Landsat satellite imagery and Shuttle Radar Topography Mission data, World Wind lets you experience Earth terrain in visually rich 3D, just as if you were really there.

Virtually visit any place in the world. Look across the Andes, into the Grand Canyon, over the Alps, or along the African Sahara.

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index.html

nAz
03-06-2005, 09:19 PM
so has anyone tried it yet?

wolfdancer
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
nAz....nice photos, but is there any intelligent life on that planet?????

wolfdancer
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Tried what??? the Bacon whores??? I couldn't afford that, but I did buy a pound of salt pork, and......

DavidMorris
03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I played around with it about a year ago. After your post I went and updated it. They seem to have enhanced it a bit and fixed a few things, I spent about an hour picking out the houses where I've lived using the aerial photos. Nice.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2005, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> so has anyone tried it yet? <hr /></blockquote>

it made my puter freeze

nAz
03-08-2005, 08:29 AM
ahhh Bacon whores!

nAz
03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DavidMorris:</font><hr> I played around with it about a year ago. After your post I went and updated it. They seem to have enhanced it a bit and fixed a few things, I spent about an hour picking out the houses where I've lived using the aerial photos. Nice. <hr /></blockquote>

Ya that is what i was doing too, checking out the places I have visited, I am going to try to locate PettyPoint... just need the coordinates. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
03-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Walley you need a P4 /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif