PDA

View Full Version : Pool School

lawgrl
03-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I have been playing semi-seriously for the past 6 months and I would like to attend one of those 2 to 3 day "pool schools". Anyone have recommendations? Location is probably not important as I'll be stuck flying to it no matter what (I'm located in SE Idaho).

Cane
03-05-2005, 06:15 PM
lawgrl,

First, welcome to CCB, and second, if you aren't in a huge rush, you may not be stuck flying afterall. How does a pool school in SE Idaho sound to you?

Randy G. of Cue Tech Pool School in Dallas teaches a road school. Randy is a Master Instructor, and, in my opinion, the best there is. His staff is riddled with great instructors and his Master Academy is the best rated according to the BCA. Many pros, including Allison Fisher, Karen Corr, Vivian Villareal, Gerta Hofst... (I can't spell it! *S*) and many other WPBA and UPA professionals have been to Randy G's Pool School.

I think it is in August, but he will be teaching, and me assisting him, a three day school in Idaho Falls. Randy is a board member here. We did the Pool School Road Show there last year with great success. Hopefully Randy will chime in and give you the details.

Later,
Bob

SplinterHands
03-05-2005, 07:18 PM
There is a master instructor at the poolroom I go to. His name is Tom Simpson. http://www.poolclinics.com/ I see him about once a week and can get more information if you'd like. It's in Columbus, Ohio.

Cane
03-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Tom is a nice guy. I met him when we were both taking classes at Cue Tech in Dallas. From what I understand, he is a very good instructor.

Later,
Bob

randyg
03-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Pool School is scheduled in Idaho Falls for the week-end of August 5-6-7. Classes fill rapidly. See our Web Site for Road Dates. www.poolschool.info (http://www.poolschool.info)

Personal email for more info is randyg@poolschool.com

Thanks everyone.....SPF-randyg

Scott Lee
03-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Randy...I'll be there!

Scott

randyg
03-06-2005, 03:44 PM
SCOTT: This school will fill right away. Book that week end to be with us. We will only have ten students, perfect for our 5 instructors......SPF-randyg

Papasmurf
03-06-2005, 05:00 PM
I will always recommend RandyG and the Pool School in Dallas. I have attended both Advanced and Expert courses. Its worth the trip and personally it has improved my game and stroke several levels in a short period of time. Its up to you how far you want to take your game once you have the tools. SMILE