PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge..Dinner anyone??????????

cueball1950
03-05-2005, 09:09 PM
was just wondering if anybody was interested in meeting someplace that Saturday and get together for dinner. Just a thought.....................mike

dg-in-centralpa
03-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Count me in!!!!

DG

cueball1950
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
well dg...looks like we will finally get to meet after all this time. i will put my name on dr d's board like last year so you will know i am there. i am coming in friday night...............................mike

nAz
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
If you make it on saturday night I will be there. BTW i think DG owes me a drink /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

catscradle
03-07-2005, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> well dg...looks like we will finally get to meet after all this time. i will put my name on dr d's board like last year so you will know i am there. i am coming in friday night...............................mike <hr /></blockquote>
"dr d's board"? What's that?

Chris Cass
03-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi Cat,

It's a message board at Dr. D.' booth on the upper floor. She donates this space for everyone on the ccb to get messages out to one another. She also lets you store your cue there if you need to and everything is safe. She gave mugs away last yr too for those who show up. You'll see her and her staff there at the booth most of the time. Can't guarentte that her booth will be in the same location but it's not hard to find. Barbara, will know where it is.

Regards,

C.C.

Eric.
03-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm open to suggestion, count me in.

Eric

SPetty
03-07-2005, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I'm open to suggestion...<hr /></blockquote>(In my most suggestive voice...) Send me a thousand dollars. And your best cue.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Y'all have fun - I'm jealous!

Eric.
03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I'm open to suggestion...<hr /></blockquote>(In my most suggestive voice...) Send me a thousand dollars. And your best cue.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="blue">(I think someone is trying to take advantage of me... ) </font color>

Y'all have fun <font color="blue">(Is it Y'all or All Y'all? What does Webster's say?) </font color> - I'm jealous! <hr /></blockquote>

Eric &gt;See youse (all youse?) in VF

Wally_in_Cincy
03-07-2005, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Y'all have fun

Is it Y'all or All Y'all?

Eric &gt;See youse (all youse?) in VF <hr /></blockquote>

Eric, since they will be in PA it has to be "yuns" or "yunses" for plural.

or maybe that's just Western PA /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eric.
03-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey! You're right. I think, anywhere in PA except metro Phila, it IS "you'uns". Thanks for the civics update /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

Brian in VA
03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
All y'all is the plural of y'all. (I'm from VA)

And you'ns is the plural of y'uns. (Parents from W. PA)

Today's colloquialism lesson brought to you by Merriam-Webster. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brian in VA

Barbara
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> All y'all is the plural of y'all. (I'm from VA)

Today's colloquialism lesson brought to you by Merriam-Webster. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Valley Forge is in southeastern PA which makes it closer to South Philly and its Italian population which would make y'uns "youse". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Actually, Valley Forge is in southeastern PA which makes it closer to South Philly and its Italian population which would make y'uns "youse". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

But, unfortunately, in most of our cases, not "youts"

Eric.
03-07-2005, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> All y'all is the plural of y'all. (I'm from VA)

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Valley Forge is in southeastern PA which makes it closer to South Philly and its Italian population which would make y'uns "youse". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

And thus we have now come full circle.

Eric &gt;class dismissed

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 02:25 PM
My friend, I will do the same. I'm playing in the tourney, so I will be there Thursday. Are you coming to the Expo Friday night?
DG- looking forward to meeting you

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Look for me Saturday and I'll buy you one.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Wally - that also counts for central PA. as does Eric with yous.

DG

9 Ball Girl
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Ahem, and my chocolates? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm going to have to give a rain check on the candy. My supplier is going to Switzerland instead of Germany. But you will get them, just not sure how soon. Maybe US Open?

DG

9 Ball Girl
03-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Maybe the US Open. Maybe. Anyway, I'll settle for a hug 'n kiss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
You got it!

DG

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
When are you coming? Friday night or Saturday?

DG

Vicki
03-07-2005, 07:56 PM
dunno if I can make it for dinner (the show runs way past dinner time), but I'm all for an after dinner drink. one way or another, mike, let's make sure we see each other.

Vicki

9 Ball Girl
03-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I'll be there Friday afternoonish-eveningish thru Sunday nightish Monday morningish.

dg-in-centralpa
03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I'll be looking for you. Check with Dr. D for messages.

DG

9 Ball Girl
03-08-2005, 06:30 PM
You can't miss me. I'll be the chick with the beautiful Talisman case walking with the dude with the custom made backpack style case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey Mike and everyone,
Hope everyones well!
There will NOT be a Billiards Workbook booth-her booth has been replaced by "Hawleys" ( I think I have that name correct)The book will be displayed and sold by them!
I'll be there from Weds.-Mon.
Im definitely game to hook up with you guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'll see ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the dude with the custom made backpack style case. <hr /></blockquote>
Saw the case-How cool is that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
03-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Geez- that's a shame. Where can we let messages for other CCB'ers?

Duane

DennyS
03-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Yes unfortunately Dr D. isn't having her booth. I received a pm from her saying she has cancelled her booth. I was looking forward to working with her this year but I understand the situation. I'm still going and looking forward to seeing my friends and making some new ones also.

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Sounds great-looking forward to meeting you!

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Ahem,ahem,ahem,
Besides the(dinner) date me and you have /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, I'll probably be in the front entrance somewhere-we'll figure something out -I'll think of something /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
See ya soon,Duane!
Carol~getting anxious,AGAIN! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voodoo Daddy
03-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Dinner? Drinks? I dunno..HELL YEAH I'm in!!!

Barbara
03-09-2005, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I'll be there from Weds.-Mon.
Im definitely game to hook up with you guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'll see ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

A-hem!! Let us not forget those individuals on a short chain from the Amateur Tournament desk... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara~~~will be accepting deliveries and take-out... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 12:06 PM
We'll never forget you Barb!
I'll send them to ya!

CarolNYC
03-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Steve,Steve,Steve,
My adrenalin is just kicking,thinking of you!
There was a movie my daughter and I watched with David Bowie-he was a wizard and he kept saying "You remind me of a man,what man? The man with the power, what power? The power of VOODOO"

Think of you all the time!

Cant wait!
Carol
Hey, travel safely! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Carol - will your friend be joining us? She's certainly welcome.

Duane - can handle two women

PQQLK9
03-10-2005, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> You can't miss me. I'll be the chick with the beautiful Talisman case walking with the dude with the custom made backpack style case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

New York Googans /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>New York Googans /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>What's a googan?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2005, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> What's a googan? <hr /></blockquote>

He was one of seven stranded castaways.

PQQLK9
03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>New York Googans /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>What's a googan? <hr /></blockquote>

Ask nAz , he invented the word /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Googan = A pool player who has every essential and sometimes unecessary gadget and appliance in hopes of perfecting her (his) game or lack therof.

I'm a charter member /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-10-2005, 11:48 AM
nAz invented the word? Figures. nAz is definitely more of a Googan than I am. He's also my "nAzee, Clean My Cue Now" goto guy. And he's oh so cooperative. Ain't that right, nAzarino? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think that was correct. I think I recall Nick Schuman(sp) Steve Lipski's friend from NY that came up with the imfamous Googanism.

Regards,

C.C.