PDA

View Full Version : KARATEMOM

BLACKHEART
03-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Heide check your PM...JER

PQQLK9
03-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Why am I so nosey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
He's not being nosey. He PM'd me, but I haven't written back yet. He wants an update about Chris. Lately, I have enough time to look here at the board but that's about it. Seems all I do is work and sleep lately.

Heide

PQQLK9
03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Oh no Heide, I was talking about me being nosey /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif by reading a post that was not directed to me,

But while you are here I just want you to know that There is not a day that passes that I do not think about my good friend Chris and his family. You guys are always in my prayers.
Love and peace /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy
03-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Well Heide, since you mentioned Chris, I want you and the family to know that I think about you folks every day.
I am also curious about how Chris is doing, but I'm not going to ask.

Troy

Karatemom
03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. It must be the bleach in my hair. Some days it soaks in a little more than others, lol.

It's nice to know that he has family here. Thanks so much!

Heide

Karatemom
03-06-2005, 09:41 AM
He is doing ok. His red blood cells and platelets were low for a while. He is getting a shot for the red blood cells, and the shot for the platelets doesn't work on him for some reason, so they gave him a unit of platelets on Friday. His energy level is good at times and lousy others. He is eating like a horse though and that helps sometimes, until he overeats, lol. It's almost been a month now since he started the chemo, so the effects should be lessening a little each day, surely but slowly. He does gets fluids everyday because he gets so dehydrated. He finally started drinking water, yippee!!, and that helps alot. I see nothing but improvement - it's very slow, but it's there. He doesn't see it because he's not focusing on it. So that's why I'm here - I point it out to him. It's easier for me to see it because I'm on the outside looking in.

I don't mind anyone asking about him, makes us feel good actually. Thanks for asking!

Heide

Scott Lee
03-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Heide...It's great to hear that CC is improving. ALL of us here are just praying for good news like that! Thanks for the update! I really wanted to see you guys last weekend, but I understand how things were! Hopefully I'll see you next time I'm through!

Scott

Troy
03-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Thenks for the update Heide.
A little good news is actually GREAT NEWS !!!

Troy...~~~ Pulling for CassMan and his family every day...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> He is doing ok. His red blood cells and platelets were low for a while. He is getting a shot for the red blood cells, and the shot for the platelets doesn't work on him for some reason, so they gave him a unit of platelets on Friday. His energy level is good at times and lousy others. He is eating like a horse though and that helps sometimes, until he overeats, lol. It's almost been a month now since he started the chemo, so the effects should be lessening a little each day, surely but slowly. He does gets fluids everyday because he gets so dehydrated. He finally started drinking water, yippee!!, and that helps alot. I see nothing but improvement - it's very slow, but it's there. He doesn't see it because he's not focusing on it. So that's why I'm here - I point it out to him. It's easier for me to see it because I'm on the outside looking in.

I don't mind anyone asking about him, makes us feel good actually. Thanks for asking!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
03-06-2005, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Why am I so nosey? <hr /></blockquote>Because it's a public forum, and because you care so much. As do I.

Thanks for the update Heide.

Barbara
03-06-2005, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I don't mind anyone asking about him, makes us feel good actually. Thanks for asking!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Glad to hear he's doing better and eating and drinking!

You all will be missed at this year's Expo. I was hoping and praying that you all would come East, but when I heard of CC's relapse, I knew it wouldn't happen.

Maybe next year.

Take care of yourself, Heide.

Barbara

Karatemom
03-06-2005, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Hopefully I'll see you next time I'm through!

Scott <hr /></blockquote>
I sure hope that is soon. I can't wait to show you how much of what I learned actually stuck! I don't get to practice as much as I would like, but when I do, I use everything you two taught me. I'm hping it does me some good at state, coming up at the end of this month.

Heide

Brian in VA
03-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Heide,
Glad to hear he's improving. You're all in my thoughts everyday. Tell Chris we all send our best!

How are you doing?

Brian in VA

Karatemom
03-07-2005, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> How are you doing?

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>
Now you know I'm not about to show anyone my "dark side", lol, but let's put it this way: if Chris is feeling well, I'm in a great mood, if he's not feeling so well, I'm in a lousy mood. That should pretty much sum it up.

Thanks for asking!

Heide

Barry
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Heidi,
Just want to say that you are all in my prayers. My mom has the whole rosary group praying for Chris, Christ and you. Tell Chris we still have a match set up for him with Gus D. We'll just do it another time. Please tell Chris I say hi!

Barry

Barbara
03-07-2005, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barry:</font><hr> Tell Chris we still have a match set up for him with Gus D. We'll just do it another time. Please tell Chris I say hi!

Barry <hr /></blockquote>

What's the line? I think CC 6 to 8 Gus.

Barbara~~~would give it all up to see the CC family again... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif