PDA

View Full Version : 7 pm sunday Celebrity Pool

Popcorn
03-06-2005, 03:18 PM
In case you missed it the other night it will be on again tonight at 7 pm.Sun, 3/6. In looking at the Bravo schedule a few months ahead this may be the last time to see this. It does not appear to be scheduled again at any time in the near future.

jjinfla
03-07-2005, 04:33 AM
I can understand why it won't be on again.

A waste of time unless you like those idiot actors.

Jake

KGeeED
03-07-2005, 07:36 AM
It makes ESPN with Mitch Laurance and that idiotic pocket cam look better and better. Who would have ever thought that it could always be worse.

roscoe
03-07-2005, 07:51 AM
OK...OK...there was nothing else on so I tuned in to the show. After about 10 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore. I instead watched the video of Mike Sigel run 150 and out.

Roscoe

Cueless Joey
03-07-2005, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote roscoe:</font><hr> OK...OK...there was nothing else on so I tuned in to the show. After about 10 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore. I instead watched the video of Mike Sigel run 150 and out.

Roscoe <hr /></blockquote>
You missed out. Tom Green ran one ball one time.

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I watched it last night and thought it was pathetic. Jeanette sitting there all night with her glove on? For what? Jeanette tried to illustrate and no one really paid attention. This is a low point for her career. I hope she doesn't do this anymore. I think they could have picked better people than the ones they did.

DG - struggled to watch it

roscoe
03-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah...what was it with that glove? Maybe glove sales are down.....

Roscoe

9 Ball Girl
03-07-2005, 03:24 PM
What did the Fear Factor guy win? I sort of tuned the show out after about the first 15 minutes. Also, what was the purpose of this show? Was it one of those things where when the celebrity wins it goes to charity? I'm not getting it.

SecaucusFats
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> What did the Fear Factor guy win? I sort of tuned the show out after about the first 15 minutes. Also, what was the purpose of this show? Was it one of those things where when the celebrity wins it goes to charity? I'm not getting it. <hr /></blockquote>

He received a cheap cue in one of those cheesy black "box" type cases (Schmelke?) with a glued on plaque naming him the Celebrity Pool Champion. They never said what the charity he was playing for would get.

I didn't care much for all the cursing and vulgar double entendres. IMO, the whole thing lacked class.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I watched it last night and thought it was pathetic. <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote roscoe:</font><hr> OK...OK...there was nothing else on so I tuned in to the show. After about 10 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore. I instead watched the video of Mike Sigel run 150 and out.

Roscoe <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>

I didn't care much for all the cursing and vulgar double entendres. IMO, the whole thing lacked class. <hr /></blockquote>

self-righteous pool players /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

glad eveyone has such a good sense of humor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nail
03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
old hand:
You took the words right out of my mouth. You too journeyman. Skunks smell better than that show. Pool needs help to bring it back to the mainstream. I'm a serious pool player (meaning I enjoy the beauty of the sport). This show did nothing more that put another nail (no pun intended) in the coffin. Please excuse me, I have to go to the john and hurl!

Deeman2
03-08-2005, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nail:</font><hr> old hand: <font color="blue"> These are the levels of posting, not their names.. </font color>
You took the words right out of my mouth. You too journeyman. <font color="blue"> Ditto </font color> Skunks smell better than that show. Pool needs help to bring it back to the mainstream. <font color="blue">Pool, to my knowledge, has never been mainstream, maybe that's what makes it liked by a lot of us. </font color> I'm a serious pool player (meaning I enjoy the beauty of the sport). <font color="blue"> Many of us are...</font color> This show did nothing more that put another nail (no pun intended) in the coffin. <font color="blue"> A show on Bravo, no matter the ill jokes and poor playing, won't determine the future of pool. </font color> Please excuse me, I have to go to the john and hurl! <font color="blue"> NOw that's disgusting.... </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Lighten up. Reality pool has little or nothing to do with the overall game. I suspect many of you don't know what the mainstream is today. It's not polite people playing great pool in tuxes. Not many people below 40 were offended at the jokes and certainly most of you hear worse language and insinuations in your league matches each week. At least they didn't play it to rap music....

Deeman

ryushen21
03-08-2005, 09:20 AM
i thought the format was terrible. what's the deal with playing teams the first two rounds and then splitting the team for the final? and the playing wasn't great at all. but regardless of all that. it was kind of entertaining. i don't think anyone was really expecting to see great pool. Kind of like celebrity poker, you watch more to see the stupid stuff that they do rather than anything good.

PS. i think that joe rogan was playing for the ASPCA. not sure though.

MrLucky
03-08-2005, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nail:</font><hr> old hand:
You took the words right out of my mouth. You too journeyman. Skunks smell better than that show. Pool needs help to bring it back to the mainstream. I'm a serious pool player (meaning I enjoy the beauty of the sport). This show did nothing more that put another nail (no pun intended) in the coffin. Please excuse me, I have to go to the john and hurl! <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> You are quite brutal on a show that isn't intended for you ! Well unless you are Gay and a non shooter that is! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nail
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey everybody:
I'm taking a beating. I apologize. I'm withdrawing my post.
nail