PDA

View Full Version : One piece cue case(huge!) at a tourney. Snooker?

christopheradams
03-08-2005, 03:21 AM
At a 9ball tournament I played in, this guy brought a cue that was not broken down into 2 pieces in this huge case that you could fit a full size one piece cue in. It was a snooker cue but it looked like the end piece did break down. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it. Is it common for a snooker cue to be one piece and be carried in a huge case like that. They guy usually played snooker and he shot 9ball very good with his snooker cue. Maybe one piece cue cases are more comman than I think, I've never seen one before this though.

Buckster_uk
03-08-2005, 04:29 AM
Actually, one piece cues are not that common, but the most common are 3/4 length cues, where the butt of the cue is around 1/4 of the total length of the cue, unlike pool cues which are half the length of the cue. There are plenty of snooker players who do have normal cases like in pool for their two piece cues, but many opt for the 3/4 length type cue, meaning you have to have a large case to put it in.

christopheradams
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Buckster_uk:</font><hr> Actually, one piece cues are not that common, but the most common are 3/4 length cues, where the butt of the cue is around 1/4 of the total length of the cue, unlike pool cues which are half the length of the cue. There are plenty of snooker players who do have normal cases like in pool for their two piece cues, but many opt for the 3/4 length type cue, meaning you have to have a large case to put it in. <hr /></blockquote>
This guy opted for the full deal. It wasn't 3/4 length it was full length. Thanks for the info though.

Pizza Bob
03-08-2005, 01:19 PM
IIRC, Tony Drago uses a one-piece cue, for snooker.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob_Jewett
03-09-2005, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> IIRC, Tony Drago uses a one-piece cue, for snooker. <hr /></blockquote>
I've heard that most of the top snooker players have moved back to one-piece cues. This makes sense since the second goal of the joint -- after allowing the stick to be shorter -- is to disappear.

Voodoo Daddy
03-09-2005, 10:40 AM
There was a guy that played on the Florida Tour years back that used a one piece house rod. He carried it in a PVC tube...he played real sporty and won several events. Only thing I wondered was how big a vehicle he drove to carry that thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif