PDA

View Full Version : Wierd

mworkman
03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Last night I shot in a tourney and the winner had a very weird technique. When shooting his shots, he was looking about 45 degrees to the side, away from the line of the shot. It was like he was looking one way and shooting another. Very strange. There were 32 players in the tournament and most of the best locals were there so it wasn't luck, he shot great. So good in fact, I recruited him to play on our team next year. I don't think I'll try to get him to change his technique if he joins our team, it obviously works for him.. Just thought I'd share that because it was the strangest thing I've ever seen when it comes to fundamentals.

ChuckR
03-08-2005, 06:33 AM
I was going to say that maybe he had a reversal of master eyes, i.e.,if he was right handed, instead of his right eye being his master, it was his left but that would only change his head position over the cue. I never heard of this one. Was he actually looking 45 degrees away from the cue and object balls or was his head turned with his eyes still looking at the balls? I can't imagine that he was not looking at them. ChuckR

Deeman2
03-08-2005, 06:39 AM
I knew an older guy in Detroit that would turn his head to the side before shooting. He has vision degeneration in the center of his field of view. I would have thought he would just shift his eyes but he said it felt more natural to turn his head. Shot very well that way, I might add.

Deeman

mworkman
03-08-2005, 06:40 AM
His head was turned and kinda tilted and he was looking at the balls out of the corner of his left eye.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PQQLK9
03-08-2005, 08:08 AM
cross eyed maybe ?