PDA

View Full Version : Free Lessons

jjinfla
03-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Anybody sign up for the free lessons advertized above? Were they worth it? What's the catch?

Jake

PQQLK9
03-08-2005, 08:01 AM
I signed up about a month ago from some other site. He will send you a nice "Tip of the Day" (nothing new but basic stuff).

He wants to sell you the "Monks" stuff and believe it or not he is affiliated with Fast Larry. I did not buy anything but I don't mind the daily tips via email.

RichardAubin
03-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi there,

I'm the owner of the website in question /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I started that 7-day course about 3 months ago and I have well over 1,500 regular readers of the tips and information I deliver.

It's obviously free to join, and you can stop receiving mail from me at any time you wish. I'm not forcing you to do anything you haven't chosen to do.

As for the above comment of "Affiliated with Fast Larry", I wouldn't go that far.

The guy does have some great information, and just because he's allowing me to distribute it to my readers I offered to post a link back to his site in my reports.

Believe it or not /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif There's no direct affiliation between us.

Best of luck to you all in 2005!

Your friend,

Richard Aubin

PS: I'm glad that you're still receiving your tips.

PQQLK9
03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi Richard, yes I enjoy your tips and I actually like FL when he stays on topic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh I did not buy because I already had done so. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Richard, I signed up....and thank you.I Enjoy the free tips, my friend swears by the Monk ( I swear at myself, the table, balls, etc )I've picked up a few pointers from "Point the Way"
Fast Larry has some good info also....
Thanks again!!! keep dem freebies coming

RichardAubin
03-08-2005, 01:12 PM
That's great to hear!

I do have some big plans and will be rolling out some real special stuff that only my subscribers will know about.

Keep your inbox open!

- Richard.

tateuts
03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I signed up. I'm a fan of "the Monk". I have his books and tapes. I think they serve most players, even experienced ones, very well.

I'll let you know as the days go by what I think of the lessons - how's that?

Chris

RichardAubin
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
That would be fantastic!

Any comments or suggestions are really appreciated.

Popcorn
03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I like your audio introduction, it's effective. Will have to read your lessons.

RichardAubin
03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
In the land of 2 dimensional web surfing and faceless corporations, I'm putting myself out in front of people because I want to be different.

That audio is great because it allows me to say what written words often can't.

Glad you like it.

Richard.

Chris Cass
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Richard,

You sound like a nice guy and I'll have to just sign up myself.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes email

tateuts
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Richard,

Disappointed I didn't get my e-mail (2nd lesson) today. What gives?

Chris

RichardAubin
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
It could be one of 2 things...

1. The email system might be a bit bogged down with all the outbound emails.

2. If you have an aol account your spam filters might be a bit strong for my messages. Make sure that 7daycourse@poolplayingtipsDOTcom is on your white list (safe list, non-junk senders)

I've tested it out before with an aol, hotmail and yahoo account and played around with the junk mail settings on each and found out that AOL has one of the strongest spam filters.

It might be getting caught in there because of the length of the email, not the content.

If you can't find it, send me an email at the above address or a PM here, and I'll check it out.

Richard.

pooldude
03-10-2005, 05:07 AM
I didn't receive mine either and I don't have AOL.

justbrake
03-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Hi,
I don't have AOL either and I didn't get my 2nd email

mworkman
03-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Didn't get my 2nd either. But I did get my 3rd.. And I didn't change any settings.

tateuts
03-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Part 2 was just gone - I got part 3 in today. Please send part 2 to me at tateut@aol.com

thanks,

Chris

RichardAubin
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'm looking into it.

Let me know if any other lessons fail to get through to you.

Richard.

rukiddingme
03-10-2005, 11:04 AM
I signed up but did not get a confirmation.
I sent an e-mail to
7daycourse@poolplayingtipsDOTcom and it was undeliverable.
What gives?
ruk

tateuts
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
OK, I've looked over the first three letters.

I don't recall the Monk getting into so much detail and specifics about mechanics before. These first lessons promote the advantages of a solid stance and a firm grip on the cue. They state that inconsistencies are the result of a break down in these fundamentals, beginning with the stance, which leads to a break down in the grip. There are a few exercises suggested to discover this.

For me, I already use the stance he suggests and I have gravitated toward a firmer grip. I like the Monk, and have always admired his results based approach. I like the idea he is suggesting to the player to try a firm grip, to see if it is more consistent for them.

I am not convinced, however, that his descriptions of mechanics and drills will be taken the right way by the average reader. His description of the stance could easily be misinterpreted to create a narrow, in-line stance (exactly what he doesn't want). I don't know if describing mechanics is his strong suit.

I was impressed that the material is geared toward making the better player more consistent in competition by developing a more reliable stroke.

I am looking forward to the next installments.

Chris

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 02:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> I signed up but did not get a confirmation.
I sent an e-mail to
What gives?
ruk <hr /></blockquote>You don't actually spell out the word "DOT," dude... granted, easy enough to misinterpret given some of the goofy domain names and extensions these days.

christopheradams
03-19-2005, 03:52 AM
"2. If you have an aol account your spam filters might be a bit strong for my messages. Make sure that 7daycourse@poolplayingtipsDOTcom is on your white list (safe list, non-junk senders)
"

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FauxKing:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> I signed up but did not get a confirmation.
I sent an e-mail to
What gives?
ruk <hr /></blockquote>You don't actually spell out the word "DOT," dude... granted, easy enough to misinterpret given some of the goofy domain names and extensions these days. <hr /></blockquote>

The "Dot" being spelled out probably had to do with getting through spam filters, not ignorance. Or similair filters such as a website that doesn't allow advertisement posts or similair situations. I could be wrong though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. If so email IReallyDontCareATyahooDotCom /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

BigRigTom
03-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi Richard, these testimonials convinced me too....I just signed up and am looking forward to the "Free Lessons" then I'll let you know what I think too..Thanks