PDA

View Full Version : white spots on cloth

06-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Ok something i dont understand.
When i say it would be better to leave jumpshots and masse out of the game because they ruen te cloth you all tell me its part of the game so practice it and live with it ...
So why are you all against the sardo tightrack ? masse shots make 100's of those dents in the table over time so why care for those 15 of the tightrack?

Tom_In_Cincy
06-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Malcolm,
The Sardo DENTS are more pronounced than the DENTS jump and masse shot leave.

The DENTS that the SARDO Rack has to have are so deep, you don't even NEED a rack. The balls will fall right into place without the Rack..

06-01-2002, 05:21 PM
they should sell whatever makes those dents without the rack then.

06-01-2002, 05:24 PM
tom do you also agree with troy and scott about making all balls in the rack touch without dents in the cloth?
maybe hes just being a smart ass, what i mean with all balls touching is not all balls touching at least 1 other ball, but all the balls around it.

06-01-2002, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> they should sell whatever makes those dents without the rack then.
<hr></blockquote>

first, the white spot that you get (on simonis) is the nylon content left where wool fiber is rubbed off. it is not a dent and will not effect the roll or play of the ball thereafter.

the sardo recommended method of "training the cloth" is to use an eyedropper (they supply) and use it to put one drop of water on the cloth at each ball location. they provide a template for that. you are then to let the water sit a bit till the fibers are softened. then, carefully and exactly place an object ball on top of the dot of softened cloth while carefully and scientifically whacking the heck out of it with another ball. that does not leave a dent. it leaves a crater which absolutely does affect the path of a slow rolling ball. as you brush your fingers thru the rack cloth of a "trained" table you will be amazed at how deep the holes are.

dan

Troy
06-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Thanks Dan. I really didn't want to get into the GIZMO thing again, so I'm glad you did. Having been involed with "training" tables and seeing the results, I'll just say that the result makes me puke.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr>
first, the white spot that you get (on simonis) is the nylon content left where wool fiber is rubbed off. it is not a dent and will not effect the roll or play of the ball thereafter.

the sardo recommended method of "training the cloth" is to use an eyedropper (they supply) and use it to put one drop of water on the cloth at each ball location. they provide a template for that. you are then to let the water sit a bit till the fibers are softened. then, carefully and exactly place an object ball on top of the dot of softened cloth while carefully and scientifically whacking the heck out of it with another ball. that does not leave a dent. it leaves a crater which absolutely does affect the path of a slow rolling ball. as you brush your fingers thru the rack cloth of a "trained" table you will be amazed at how deep the holes are.

dan <hr></blockquote>

Rip
06-01-2002, 06:17 PM
Now you've done it Dan! You mentioned the divots and the "S" word (Sardo), two of Troy's favorite things LOL. Okay Troy....breathe and try to calm down! I'll trade you two of my Prozacs for a Talisman Pro Hard! AEEEEEEYYYYY! Rip~~agrees with Troy about the "S" thing.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> Thanks Dan. I really didn't want to get into the GIZMO thing again, so I'm glad you did. Having been involed with "training" tables and seeing the results, I'll just say that the result makes me puke.

Troy

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: houstondan:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

dan &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; <hr></blockquote>

Troy
06-01-2002, 06:38 PM
LMAO !!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif:):)
Thanks for the offer Rip, but I can't take Prozac, makes me sleep .....zzzzzzzz /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> Now you've done it Dan! You mentioned the divots and the "S" word (Sardo), two of Troy's favorite things LOL. Okay Troy....breathe and try to calm down! I'll trade you two of my Prozacs for a Talisman Pro Hard! AEEEEEEYYYYY! Rip~~agrees with Troy about the "S" thing.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-02-2002, 04:40 PM
Malcolm,

I agree with them, because I have been able to do this many times. Not because of what they said. This is from my experience.

I am not sure if you want to believe this, but it is possible, with a little patience and practice.

06-02-2002, 04:50 PM
Ok so you get holes in the cloth.
What other way would you suggest?
I wouldnt even be interested in a tight rack if the break wasnt so important...
Without a perfect rack you cant control it so you just have to hit hard and hope a ball goes in, i just dont like that...
It gets to be a luck game.