PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Omega cues?

lord_shar
03-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Has anyone here tried an Omega cue?

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/omega/omega_4054.htm

I'm curious as to how it hits. Looks like a cheap Southwest knock-off, but how is its hit quality?

catscradle
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote lord_shar:</font><hr> Has anyone here tried an Omega cue?

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/omega/omega_4054.htm

I'm curious as to how it hits. Looks like a cheap Southwest knock-off, but how is its hit quality?
<hr /></blockquote>

I think the lack of replies to this post speaks volumes about the quality of an Omega cue.

supercueman
03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
This cue looks alot like the KC cues from china... I have owned a few of them... In the long run they all ended up crooked..

lord_shar
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I did some google searching for Omega cue opinions. One account mentioned that they hit really well for a sub-$200 cue. Some quirks: 1) Omega's apparently have a wider diameter butt 2) the joint starts to really tighten as the shaft and butt close in during assembly.

Omega apparently started producing their SW-imitation cues in 2003, so they are relatively new to the market.

BTW, do radial pin joints have any premature-wear issues given its metal to wood interface?

lord_shar
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> This cue looks alot like the KC cues from china... I have owned a few of them... In the long run they all ended up crooked.. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, thanks for the info!

ceebee
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
my local Pool Hall owner purchased 12.

In less than 6 months, none were perfectly straight. The old phrase, "you pay for what you get", may still apply.

BUT, you can buy an expensive cue, not care for it properly &amp; have the same results.

I would imagine the Omega Cues were made from wood that might not have been cured long enough....., who knows. Maybe a straight Omega Butt &amp; a Predator Shaft might be a "KILLER CUE".

Good luck in your search for a great cue &amp; a good mate. When &amp; if you find them, take care of them &amp; keep them.

Cueless Joey
03-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I wonder if James Bond shoots with an Omega. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lord_shar
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr>
...&lt;SNIP&gt;...

Good luck in your search for a great cue &amp; a good mate. When &amp; if you find them, take care of them &amp; keep them.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks! I actually just purchased the Schon in my sig about 1+ month ago, and its hit is very sweet. Unfortunately, while shopping for the Schon, I think I was bitten by the cue-collecting bug, so 1 good cue may no longer suffice /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Omega sounds like it's out of the running. Now I'm looking over Dishaw's... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

catscradle
03-10-2005, 05:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote lord_shar:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr>
...&lt;SNIP&gt;...

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks! I actually just purchased the Schon in my sig about 1+ month ago, and its hit is very sweet. Unfortunately, while shopping for the Schon, I think I was bitten by the cue-collecting bug, so 1 good cue may no longer suffice /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Omega sounds like it's out of the running. Now I'm looking over Dishaw's... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If nothing else I think it is very safe to say an Omega is NOT a collectable.