PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go! shoot some pool (Article)

PQQLK9
03-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Let's Go! shoot some pool For fun and bonding, nothing beats billiards

web page (http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050310/LIFESTYLE/503100319/1024) with pictures

christopheradams
03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Wow, they got some great pool table time rates in Maryland. The cheapest in my area is $5 an hour or $15 all day. Also I know a place that charges $3 an hour but its a pretty long drive so gas comes into play. Gas would really come into play if I drove from Connecticut to Maryland though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Cost. $2.50 an hour per person, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; after 3 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, the cost is $4.25 an hour per person/$7.50 for two."

"Cost. Coin tables are $1 per game; other tables are $3 per person an hour until 5 p.m. After 5 p.m., $4 per person and $9 for three people."
from the Website/Article in this post.

Rich R.
03-10-2005, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Wow, they got some great pool table time rates in Maryland. <hr /></blockquote>
Not everywhere in Maryland. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Try $8.50 and up, per hour, for two, and there is no all day rate.

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, you pretty much get the shaft anywhere populated here in the DC area ... or, luckier still, you can pay too damned much and get the priviledge of playing on the WORST tales (ever!!!!) at Shooter's in Leesburg, VA. (seriously, I do not think there are actually any tables -- in the world -- that could possibly be worse ... in fact, I'd prefer the little 3x6 pictured in the "Build your own pool table" from the Popular Mechanics cover linked elsewhere here on the board. Brian, if you or your wife read this board, please take note of the fact that those tables are friggin HIDEOUS! Get some rails that are made out of something other than oatmeal and some new cloth for christ's sake!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest ...

Thank you, drive thru.

christopheradams
03-10-2005, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FauxKing:</font><hr> Yeah, you pretty much get the shaft anywhere populated here in the DC area ... or, luckier still, you can pay too damned much and get the priviledge of playing on the WORST tales (ever!!!!) at Shooter's in Leesburg, VA. (seriously, I do not think there are actually any tables -- in the world -- that could possibly be worse ... in fact, I'd prefer the little 3x6 pictured in the "Build your own pool table" from the Popular Mechanics cover linked elsewhere here on the board. Brian, if you or your wife read this board, please take note of the fact that those tables are friggin HIDEOUS! Get some rails that are made out of something other than oatmeal and some new cloth for christ's sake!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest ...

Thank you, drive thru. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, that table sounds pretty bad. But if you say the rails are made of oat meal you can get a healthy snack in between shots at least, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.